Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "vray flamingo transport" for next release plz

Hi,
    would it be possible to get a flamingoTransport in vrayfor rhino?
    just wirte the command, it creates a rep with the 3dm files, with the textures needed for the scene and linked to the 3dm file, materials...everything needed to render on another computer.
    Thank you !
    Jp
    Freelance Industrial Designer - Rhino3d v4 - Vray for Rhino

"vray flamingo transport" for next release plz

I'm sorry - I don't follow what you mean by "a rep with the 3dm file". I'm guessing this is a relative path thing? Or do you mean some kind of a package that contains the 3dm and everything else inside it?
    Best regards,
    Joe Bacigalupa
    Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Originally posted by joeb
      you mean some kind of a package that contains the 3dm and everything else inside it?
      yep this one. rep was meaning directory sorry.

Comment

no worries We're actually looking into something similar to that for a future project we're doing.
        Best regards,
        Joe Bacigalupa
        Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

great great great.
          also it will be better for good support. erase what you don't want to send, wrap it up and upload on incoming ftp, let YOU solve this and works on something else during that time

Jp

Comment

Yep thats very true
            Best regards,
            Joe Bacigalupa
            Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

and if you can lock the materials for others cannot change it or copy it would be even nicer

also a vray 3ds max vray material to rhino vray material converter woulo be cool

Comment

Originally posted by han3d
                and if you can lock the materials for others cannot change it or copy it would be even nicer
                So you want some means of having read-only materials? Thats interesting...so would that be like an export option for when you save out the vismat file?
                also a vray 3ds max vray material to rhino vray material converter woulo be cool
                We've started on that converter - its on hold at the moment but we should be putting more time into it after the holidays.
                Best regards,
                Joe Bacigalupa
                Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

even if we can convert, we still have the big problem that our mapping is not as good as in max. Am I right ? Jp

Comment

I would post, or send a email to McNeel about that because they need feedback inorder to make RCM better. It would probably be best to email Andy le Biihan as he is the one who is working on all of the RCM stuff.

As for the flamingo=>vfr converter we are working on that
                    Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

&quot;vray flamingo transport&quot; for next release plz

I think the mapping stuff will continue to grow. At its current state it isn't at Max's level of complexity. But Rhino also costs a fraction of Max and is working to bridge the gap in functionality.
                      Best regards,
                      Joe Bacigalupa
                      Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Originally posted by dalomar
                        I would post, or send a email to McNeel about that because they need feedback inorder to make RCM better. It would probably be best to email Andy le Biihan as he is the one who is working on all of the RCM stuff.

As for the flamingo=>vfr converter we are working on that
                        My experience: don't try to talk about RCM - you get no feedback.

http://news2.mcneel.com/scripts/dnew...ed=View+thread

or the answer is "no"

I have the feeling it's not a good time to speak about RCM. ... but it is so important for viz work.
                        www.simulacrum.de - visualization for designer and architects

Comment

Post your comments in our RCM wishlist / bug section. I think you have a better shot of it reaching the RCM team's ear and not being ignored if it comes from a development team that is using their code rather than an unsolicited email from an end-user. Don't be such a pessimist Micha

Also some of those things aren't possible to bring into Rhino3 but are possible in Rhino4, at least I think so.
                          Best regards,
                          Joe Bacigalupa
                          Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

From the experience that I have had talking with Andy and David about RCM is that they want the info about how to make RCM better. Now they may be much more inclined to listen to that info if we are channelling that info to them as opposed to individual users, but either way whatever needs/wants to be done/changed with RCM has to be voiced. And I know that Micha has been one of the most vocal about all of the different things that need to be changed with RCM and Vray, but there are other people out there who have some comments/complaints. So my new suggestion would be to try to vocalize your concerns with us here, so that we can bring that to McNeel and work out a solution. Joe made a RCM thread in the bugs section so post things there and we can look at them and try to get them resolved by taking those to McNeel ourselves and seeing how far we can get with them. Right now, as I see it, RCM is one of the more cumbersome aspects of trying to put renderings together. So any improvements not only help with fewer headaches, but also help with production timeframe and workflow. Also allot of the Rhino 4 support is much better, so once we get a beta version for v4 (and v4 is released) it will be a big improvement. We are all working towards getting everything running as smoothly as possible. Keep in mind that this 3rd party rendering thing is new for McNeel, so some of these issues are not something that they are used to dealing with.
                            Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Thanks.
                              www.simulacrum.de - visualization for designer and architects

Comment

Working...
                              X