Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If we could bake textures ...

... than we could do it in Rhino too. Rhino forum

... I suppose so, this is a wish for a future main release like VfR 2.0.
    www.simulacrum.de - visualization for designer and architects

If we could bake textures ...

Texture baking is something that we will have to look into in the future. In Rhino 4 there is going to be better viewport graphics and real time rendering capabilities (I believe McNeel already has realtime reflections and is working on realtime shadows). And Bongo 2 is going to have much better animation support. What it comes down to is how much of a demand we get for that kind of option. In the future, the aspects will be there to make it a useful tool, so once all of those are in place we will look into supporting it.

Short Answer: In the not so near, but not so distant future it is a possibility. Right now however its not on our list.
    Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

www.simulacrum.de - visualization for designer and architects

Comment

I'll ask Joe if V-Ray texture baking is part of our SDK. If it is then there's definitely more of a chance that we can get it.
        Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

We can look into it - I'm not sure if it would actually be provided as part of the VRaySDK because I think it might depend on various application-specific things, but we can definately investigate further.
          Best regards,
          Joe Bacigalupa
          Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Hello,

texture baking abilitys would be totally awesome, we just did this recently for a project and could show it to the client as an x3d file. By being real time interactive it adds a whole new dimension to visualisation. I would love to see this inside rhino!

best regards

Andy

Comment

Working...
            X