X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray and Rhino full partnership wish

Hi,

this is an email I also sent to the RMA people also
    I consider Vray to be the best renderer to work with the best modeler on the market. Having the 2 softwares fully compatible with one another will attract more customers in my opinion.

I have a question concerning texturing and mapping
    I used extensively, in the past, Flamingo 1.1 to do aircraft paint schemes but I found it ( just a bit ) annoying to position a decal, for example, test render, and see the result. Then reposition again rerender and so on.
    What I do like on 3ds max is position my decals as well as seeing the bump maps being scaled all in real time before rendering anything.
    I hope this can be possible with RHino. I have seen a screen shot of a space ship and it looks interesting but do you have more examples to better judge the quality . For example leather seats, can we see the leather bump maps and scale all in real time and not just the color intended for the seat ?. I also hope Rhino in the future will be fully compatible with Vray.
    I consider Vray to be leaders of the pack for rendering purposes in my opinion. I really believe Vray people and Robert McNeel and associates should strive for a package that is fully compatible. But that s just me.
    VRay is much faster than Mental Ray. Don t know about Brazil but Vray is more used in the industry also.

Kind regards,
    Alexandre
    www.alexandregalin.com
    lexandre Galin
    <br />Industrial Designer

Vray and Rhino full partnership wish

Also the outline rendering is very interesting. It's not only for cartoon style renderings useful. Thin subtle outline can help to better show scene details. A nice example can be seen at http://www.sitexgraphics.com/html/boats.html made by Clement Greiner.
    Vray could support outline rendering too.
    AIR support high quality outlines, but AIR is not the best choice for design and architecture. It's a good tool for illustration and movies (renderman standard). And Penguin? Example: my current client (design company) is working on a airplane lavatory and ask me, could I do clean outline renderings too. They own a Penguin license, but they are not happy with the quality and don't use it anymore. Here could VfR help too.
    www.simulacrum.de - visualization for designer and architects

Comment

you can also use Make2d command in rhino and clean it up, than export in ai, then scale, use a layer diffuse and apply on your render if you just want lines.

Jp
      Freelance Industrial Designer - Rhino3d v4 - Vray for Rhino

Comment

Thanks. A method for projects with less images.
        www.simulacrum.de - visualization for designer and architects

Comment

Let me just say that the McNeel guys are supportive of what we are doing and they see that VRay opens up a whole new set of possibilities for them as well. The issue of having the two softwares 100% compatable at this point of due to two things. First is that Rhino some of the features within Rhino are not in the program yet, and this is something that the McNeel guys are working really hard on. The second is that we are trying to catch up with all of the VRay things as well as moving VRay to other platforms (mainly SketchUp at this point). So as things progress both Rhino and VRay will only get better.

As for the texturing we need to do better on our viewport/realtime rendering support, and Rhino 4 is going to allow us to do that better. I'm not sure what we can do for the bump maps, but its something we will have to investigate.

JPs 2d/ai suggestion is a good one. I have used it in the past and it gives a good look and a much greater amount of control then just an image.
          Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Working...
          X