Caustics multiplier for each light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caustics multiplier for each light

It would be nice if each light had its own caustics multiplier as opposed to only having the global caustics multiplier in the caustics rollout. I could definitely think of two ways this would be useful. First is if you had a scene which already had a lighting solution, but wanted caustics from a specific light, then you could increase the caustics multiplier on that light so that they become more visable. As it stands right now you would have to increase the intensity of the light, which would throw off good lighting. The second use is similar, but individual light multiplier would allow you to adjust the balance of the caustics between two different lights without increasing the intensity. Also it would allow you to generate strong caustics from a faint light. I think this is possible in Max
    Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Caustics multiplier for each light

Also a Generate Caustics checkbox so you can dissable caustics so they don't increase the calculation time, or effect other caustics (I know you can just decrease the caustics subdiv, but a check box would be easier, and the caustic may still be visable).

Also the ability to save the current map as well as see the # of samples and size similar to the Irradiance Map. It would really bite to go through a half an hour caustics calc just cause you couldn't save the current map.

I would also like the caustics calculation to be reflected in the time stamp. I am aware that this is a know issue, but its just a little annoying. I've been doing a bit of caustics work recently, and there definitely some room for improvement. But I still love the VRay
    Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Working...
    X