Gavin's wishes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gavin's wishes

After a couple of tight dealines, it would be great if a couple of these features could be implemented.

1) Per object render. Like renderinwindow, but only renders the object.
    2) In conjunction with 1), it would be great to be able to load a previous render image into the VFB so that I could render a new object(With different settings.) into the scene. Gets around per object visibility etc.
    3) It would be great to be able to re-render a renderinwindiow. Instead of having to try and repick the box again.
    4) It would be great to be able to turn on/off individual layers in the material settings. eg. Turn one of two reflection layers on or off to test different options without having to rewrite all of the time.
    5) Option to copy locally all of the associated maps in the file.
    6) A sound option when the render finishes. Like toast being ready.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
    Gavin

Re: Gavin's wishes

1) Per object render. Like renderinwindow, but only renders the object.
    I think this should be very easy to implement... just a render selection command.
    2) In conjunction with 1), it would be great to be able to load a previous render image into the VFB so that I could render a new object(With different settings.) into the scene. Gets around per object visibility etc.
    I'm not sure of the logistics of this. I guess it would be possible to load in the rgb/alpha channels and allow you to render over them.
    3) It would be great to be able to re-render a renderinwindiow. Instead of having to try and repick the box again.
    When you right-click the mouse to re-do a command does it make you pick the box again? That would be irritating...
    4) It would be great to be able to turn on/off individual layers in the material settings. eg. Turn one of two reflection layers on or off to test different options without having to rewrite all of the time.
    Yes this was something I'd like to get in for this next version
    5) Option to copy locally all of the associated maps in the file.
    Thats an interesting idea, it has also been suggested that we need to support relative pathing, etc.
    6) A sound option when the render finishes. Like toast being ready.
    Heh - I like it. I think Micha has asked for this same wish previously
    Best regards,
    Joe Bacigalupa
    Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Yes, the sound option could be great.

Rerender of the window command. I think, the render window command could get an option "use previous size": if a previous size is in the memory, than this could be used, if not, than the script ask again to draw a rectangle. Or is this a wish for the McNeel team? Could be used by every engine.
      www.simulacrum.de - visualization for designer and architects

Comment

I am sure this has been asked before, however:

1)It would be great to have sub groups in the materials dialog. Eg. I have been rendering digital clocks and I have lots of different digits that make the materials list very long. If I could group the digits into a single folder and close it that would be great.

2) It would be great to be able to copy parameters from one material to the other. Eg. Copy reflecton settings or colour setting, without upsetting other settings. (Hmmm, Have I mentioned this before? Sorry if I have.)

Thanks,
        Gavin

Comment

In fact, regarding the above, it would be great to have a match comand for the material setings. Right click ther material, select match, a dialog comes up with tick boxes for each setting, (Emissive, reflection ect) you select the ones you want to match, then click on the material you want to match to.

Gavin

Comment

Those are good suggestions and probably something that we could do once we get all of the material commands scriptable. We'll keep it in mind though cause those would be quite useful.
            Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Another good option would be to have a button where you can halve or double the output size. eg. I have a render which is 2500x1200pix and I want to do a test render with the same proportions but smaller size. Rather than having to work out and type in the new value it would be great to simply press a button or type in a percentage.

Best regards,
              Gavin

Comment

I miss it too to scale the rendering of a viewport at 50%, 100%, 200% and 400%.

Comment

but if you lock both settings you only have one to adjust,the other will be automatic.
                  But a button could be nice...

Comment

Idea: Vray use the Rhino render properties, so is it possible to read this value per script and set it a new values? If not, could this not be a general Rhino render wish, independent from VfR. Than button scripts could be written.

Comment

Working...
                    X