Sun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sun

I know you are planning to implement sun in the next beta. A helpful tool would be to position the sun by view. Similar to the bonus tool that sets a spotlight to view.
    It would simply positioning in lots of cases.

Craig

Re: Sun

The sunlight function that is in RDK will be supported with the vray sun in the next beta...my guess is that would be an easier way to locate it. If you would like to still do it that way, the use the spot light to view thing an just put in the direct light from the control points of the spot light, or better yet skip the adding the light and just do it from the control points of the camera (in perspective view, show camera and put the light in from an other window)
    Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Yeah - we're going to be supporting the RDK's SunLight command that will let you pick the sun's direction based on location and time. But maybe we can look into other means too.
      Best regards,
      Joe Bacigalupa
      Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Damien's suggestion is how I normally align it now (using a spotlight's points).
        In Flamingo, you could use time/location or set it manually with azimuth and angle. I'd like to be able to set the azimuth and angle by looking. It's nice to have a sun in a scene without having the directional light there.
        I can make it work either way, but that would just be a nice bonus feature.

Comment

I'm sure that its something that could be scripted. Since we are tying into the RDK Sunlight feature, then maybe that is something you could ask for on the newsgroup. That way it would be available for other users who can tie into the sunlight feature.
          Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Working...
          X