gamma correction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gamma correction

Right now, the global gamma correction has moved to the global switches and has options for changing RGB values and LDR textures, which is nice. There is one more thing though that I think needs to be changed: the correction should be possible without affecting the VFB. So maybe it should be like this:

global gamma correction

gamma[input box]
    [checkbox] affect VFB
    [checkbox] affect RGB
    [checkbox] affect LDR textures

You can contact StudioGijs for 3D visualization and 3D modeling related services and on-site training.

Re: gamma correction

Maybe a separate output gamma value, or a little linked button. That way the input/output gamma could be tweeked individually from each other.
    Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

http://www.asgvis.com/index.php?opti...0&topic=1948.0
      www.simulacrum.de - visualization for designer and architects

Comment

cheers Micha, didn't remember that one
        You can contact StudioGijs for 3D visualization and 3D modeling related services and on-site training.

Comment

I'm sorry - I'm sure I'm showing my ignorance here...but why would you want to gamma correct an image and not have the effect shown? I'm not sure I follow how that would work since gamma correcting would inherently effect the output - right?

As for the input/output I do understand that request
          Best regards,
          Joe Bacigalupa
          Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

I would like to separate it, especially when saving to exr / hdr / vrimg, in order to keep the output image linear. Then there is also the sRGB button to correct for monitor gamma in case I want to preview the output.

edit: in addition, in order to change exposure in post it is better to keep the output linear rather than gamma corrected.

Comment

Originally posted by Gjis
              I would like to separate it, especially when saving to exr / hdr / vrimg, in order to keep the output image linear. Then there is also the sRGB button to correct for monitor gamma in case I want to preview the output.

edit: in addition, in order to change exposure in post it is better to keep the output linear rather than gamma corrected.
              Ok - so separating the input/output will solve that issue then - right? Or do you still need a "Affect VFB" checkbox?
              Best regards,
              Joe Bacigalupa
              Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Working...
              X