renderwindow in the viewport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• renderwindow in the viewport

I Look at rhino from a softimage viewpoint. A very handy feature in Softimage (and other programs too) is that you can render a region of the viewport without a having a renderwindow popping up covering half the screen. It renders directly the region in the viewport! Besides that, that "renderregion" stays active even after the render is completed and if you make a change in say materials color or so, the render automatically updates, which spares the user tons of mouse clicks. Is this feature possible to have? At least the renderregion directly in the viewport???

/Anders

PS Vray for rhino ROCKS!!!

Re: renderwindow in the viewport

I know that the default rhino renderer did the render window right in the viewport (at least in v3), but as soon as your tried to move around or anything it went away. So we can at least look into it and see if we could do it or something. I don't think we'd be able to do much on keeping it there or updating the materials, but we'll see what comes of things.
    Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

I'm sure its possible - I've just never hooked it up properly. I'll add it to the list though.
      Best regards,
      Joe Bacigalupa
      Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Dalomar, Joe B:

I appreciate that you have looked in to this. I hope you can solve it.
        Thanks.

/Anders

Comment

Working...
        X