Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi decal layers preview

Hi

I was starting to add different layers of decals on a base material ( similar to what Micha showed in his tutorials )
    But I noticed that when I add my second diffuse layer I cannot see in the real time render window the added map and yet it does render properly. I use Rhino 3.0

It would be great to see the different layers added and positioned in the rendered viewport before doing the actual rendering.

Thanks

Alexandre

www.alexandregalin.com
    lexandre Galin
    <br />Industrial Designer

Re: Multi decal layers preview

If you mean you can't see it in the rendered Rhino vieport that is because Rhino doesn't know how to do anything with our material format. Unfortunately there isn't anything we can do about this - short of correctly implementing the RenderInWindow region render thing as another person requested. Unless maybe I misunderstood your request?
    Best regards,
    Joe Bacigalupa
    Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Often I wish to see the mapping of a bump map. It's the same problem, ther is no option, which map is visible at the viewport. I add a wish to the RCM thread.

http://www.asgvis.com/index.php?opti...90&topic=923.0

My workaround is, that I go to the rhino material option and jump to the rhino material and set my texture. Than you can go the mapping. The viewport show the last edited mapping channel. There should be an option, which mapping channel is used for the rhino material.
      At the end, if the mapps are correct placed, I assign the Vray material again.
      www.simulacrum.de - visualization for designer and architects

Comment

I think there was a thing yesterday on the McNeel newsgroup where someone had either bump maps or normal maps displayed in the Rhino viewport...I'll see if i can find it if I have the time.

Here's one of the examples. There are a few others, this was just a pretty cool one.
        http://news2.mcneel.com/scripts/dnew...m=257352&utag=
        Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

It is something that is planned and they are working on,but not yet available.

Renee

Comment

Working...
          X