Pause function?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pause function?

Often while the PC is tied up rendering you need full access to the CPU for some other task. Is there any possibility to pause the rendering process to regain the processor temporarily?

Re: Pause function?

Currently there is not the capability to pause the render process. Joe could probably give a bit more specifics about the fesability of adding that function. The trouble actually comes because the render task is actually its own task within Rhino. Theoretically you could try to pause it (the Rhino task) through the Task Manager, but it may lead to undesirable happenings (ie crashes). In global switches there is the option to give the render task Low Thread Priority, which allows other tasks which need to be done precedence. Depending on what your doing (surfing the web, writing a proposal) this may be sufficient, but if its going back through and doing some more modeling and rendering work, the render and the work will probably progress quite slowly. Setting Low Thread Priority is still a good option though as it won't imped too much on the work your doing and won't have an affect on the render other than a little added calculation time. If you start a render without Low thread priority, you can still change the importance of the task via the task manager, but I am not sure of any negative effects of doing that.
    Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Maybe this obeservation is a hint for Joes programming: if I click on the "close" cross of the framebuffer window, but hold down the mousebutton, than the rendering pause. If I leave the close window sign without to release the mouse button and release the button outside the "close" sign, than the rendering starts again.

My task manager dosn't show a "pause" option.
      www.simulacrum.de - visualization for designer and architects

Comment

I'm sure its possible - I'd just have to ask Vlado about the correct way to implement it.
        Best regards,
        Joe Bacigalupa
        Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Working...
        X