Groundplane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Groundplane

In the future, it would be great if the infinite plane were visible in the rendered viewport. I use it for an ocean, and the horizon line is important when choosing the view. So now I have to draw a huge circle to simulate it, which was the whole nice thing about getting the infinite plane in the first place.

Re: Groundplane

Not to knock your wish, but if you make a visopt without indirect illumination, lighting, and an override material you can get a quick 4 sec render that will tell you were the horizon line is (I would save the one you had first as like temp or somthing). You can at least use that for the time being as I am unsure how much/long it would take to figure that out.
    Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

A other workaround could be to scale the placeholder plane to a very big size and set custom mesh option at "simple planes". So, you could see the horicon, Rhino would use two triangle mesh polygons only and Vray could use the optimized "infinite" plane for rendering.
      www.simulacrum.de - visualization for designer and architects

Comment

Yep, I've done similar things to get a preview, but my point is that it would take 1 step out of my workflow to not have to do a test render or have large geometry in my scene.

Comment

Maybe this wish is a wish for the McNeel team. Flamingo support infinite groundplane to. Does it show the groundplane at the viewport? If yes, than maybe the McNeeles could add a commad for us.
          www.simulacrum.de - visualization for designer and architects

Comment

I've got another, possibly better work around. Depending on how you feel about working with the default grid on, you could simply just make the grid huge. You may want to increase the spacing of the major/minor grid lines. Maybe that will work for ya?
            Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

It wouldn't be too hard to just make the infinite plane very large by default
              Best regards,
              Joe Bacigalupa
              Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Working...
              X