Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound When a render is done

Originally posted by Micha
    I would be nice, if Vray could play a wav sound, if a rendering is ready. Example: Over the weekend I must render 10 views of a scene. Every image need approx. 40 min. Now, I must look from time to time, is the rendering finish or not. Better I could bake my bread rolls in the kitchen and hear, if the image is ready.
    This was a wish from a while back (it was buried in Micha's Wishlist...here). So yesterday night I remembered that it was possible for RhinoScript to play a sound. So here it is, probably the smallest script ever written, a Render with a done sound.

_-RunScript (
    Call Main()
    Sub Main()
    Rhino.Command "_Render"
    Rhino.MessageBeep 2
    End Sub
    )

All you need to do is paste that right into the button and your good to go. If you don't like that sound you can change the 2 to anything from 0 to 5 to get the sound you want.
    Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Re: Sound When a render is done

Looks great simple. Thank you! What could be the reason, that I don't hear a signal? If I start my machine, I hear a BIOS beep, so the internal speaker works and Winamp plays music too.
    www.simulacrum.de - visualization for designer and architects

Comment

A few of the options didn't play on my machine either. Try different numbers from 0 to 5 and see if that works for you.

Comment

No luck - I enable "batch render" and try 0...5, but no sound.

Comment

Oh yea...Enabling batch render is a must...

I don't know what to really say... It makes a sound at my end, so I can't really reproduce anything. This bites cause the only reason I really took the 2 minutes out of my day to make this script was cause you wanted it...now its there and you can't even use it. That is some irony if I ever heard it.

Maybe some how Rhino is locked out from making any sounds or communicating with the audio functions or something. Try downloading the latest RhinoScript files as well...those might help http://download.mcneel.com/download.asp?id=rhinoscript

Comment

Oh, I'm so stupid. My WINDOWS sounds are disabled. :-[

After enabling it works fine. Thank you very much. ;D

Is it possible to disable the WINDOWS sounds, but get the Rhino sound only? Or to use the PC platine speaker? I will ask at the Rhino forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Micha
              Is it possible to disable the WINDOWS sounds, but get the Rhino sound only? Or to use the PC platine speaker? I will ask at the Rhino forum.
              Hi Micha, yes it is possible. Use this script:

_Render
              _-run "C:\WINDOWS\Media\ringin.wav"

;D

Comment

This might sound dumb but whats the button?

"All you need to do is paste that right into the button and your good to go. If you don't like that sound you can change the 2 to anything from 0 to 5 to get the sound you want.
                "

Comment

The button can be any button. If you Shift+Right-Click, then you'll get a dialog box that will tell you what the command is that both the left and the right click is. For a more detailed explanation see the link below

http://en.wiki.mcneel.com/default.as...sicMacros.html

Comment

Working...
                  X