for v-ray to be a true mass succes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: for v-ray to be a true mass succes

I have been using v1.0+ of VfR since 2006.
    The primary changes in the program in these 3-4 yrs have been bug or general fixes.
    It is unfathomable that after all this time there would be a 'rush' to get a version of the program out the door such that ASGVIS would find it acceptable to produce something with a *worse* UI!
    The UI has been the PRIMARY dissatisfaction with the program. I mean really, if you would take an extra week to produce at least the same old UI, who would notice that it took longer???
    Lack of development has caused me to work with other programs. I still hold out hope the VfR will one day make up for all the time passed since V1 came out. This does not make me optimistic.
    I have made my opinion known internally for long time but this put me over the top, it just has to be said.
    Please, make me wrong and get something amazing out to the public in its proper form.

Comment

Paul:

Have you looked at http://www.refractivesoftware.com ? The application looks very promising; the UI is what I have been wanting to see implemented in VRAY from the time I purchased it (the sliding bar in particular with its Min and Max values).

Farid

Comment

Please, make me wrong and get something amazing out to the public in its proper form.
        Oh well when you put it that way... Thanks for the tip

Best regards,
        Devin Kendig
        Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Oh well when you put it that way... Thanks for the tip

I am not really sure how to take this comment. First appearance it seems a bit 'flip'.
          Since i started using the program something like 4 years ago i have regularly communicated issues, problems, bugs and suggestions to Cory and Damien (until he left). I have always tried to be constructive and give feedback.
          VfR has been on v1 all that time. The software needs to mature.
          I think that when two users such as Micha (he helped me when I first started with the program) and myself, both longtime users voice the same basic opinion it should be carefully considered, not dismissed.
          If I interpreted your comment incorrectly, apologies...

Comment

Working...
          X