Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• better integration between Vray and Rhino

Hi
    Just a wish. I would really like to see Vray better integrated to Rhino. I do find it got better between 3.0 and 4.0 but I am still struggling with certain rendering issues such as multiple mapping on a polysurface.
    For axample let's say I did a paint scheme for an airplane and then I want to add on another diffuse layer a door cutout well it doesn t work too well. I need to put all the image mapping into one layer door cutout + paint scheme and then apply on my diffuse layer of my material. It s annoying but I can work it out.
    What I would like to see is if I applied a planar mapping on a polysurface I can apply another mapping on that polysurface INDEPENDENT of the previous map. Unless I have no clue on how to map........
    Hope this can be solved for Rhino 5.0
    Just a little comment

thanks

Alexandre
    www.alexandregalin.com
    lexandre Galin
    <br />Industrial Designer

Re: better integration between Vray and Rhino

I may be misunderstanding your post - but mapping is provided by Rhinoceros 4.0. The only mapping we provide is basic planar uvw gen that are meant to be used only for the most basic of situations. For any other mapping needs it should be done using the tools that McNeel has developed.

Also - you should be able to apply as many independent mapping channels as you wish to geometry using McNeels mapping tools.

Sorry if I'm missing the meaning of the post
    Best regards,
    Joe Bacigalupa
    Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Working...
    X