G-Buffer support wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G-Buffer support wanted

... since three hours I assign random colors to objects and I will need some time more. My client like to get a mask for object selection. I wish, Vray for Rhino could render Objekt/Material IDs, than I had rendered it with the final renderings and would go sleep now. :-\
    www.simulacrum.de - visualization for designer and architects

Re: G-Buffer support wanted

That would be soooooo nice,I often did I wish for that,

Renee

Comment

Micha haven't you a Maxwell license? Use that for Obj/Mat ID!

Comment

Interesting thought. I will explore it.

Comment

ALTO, is it possible to render the channels only? It seems to be neccesary, that the channel "render" must be enabled allways.
          I tested it and the mat ID channel DOF looks noisy. So, the channels are noisy like the rendering? So it need some time to get noise free channels? Or are the channels at the beginning and dosn't refine?

PS: Ooops, is Maxwell slow.

Comment

I'll see if those channels are exposed in the V-Ray SDK
            Best regards,
            Joe Bacigalupa
            Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Just for the record. At last release time I don't believe that those channels were within the SDK. So the Mat/Object ID as well as things like reflection and refraction channels weren't there at all...hopefully that has changed because those pretty standard things.
              Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Originally posted by dalomar
                Just for the record. At last release time I don't believe that those channels were within the SDK. So the Mat/Object ID as well as things like reflection and refraction channels weren't there at all...hopefully that has changed because those pretty standard things.
                You are right Damien, the wish is quite old. I suppose so, if the SDK support it, than it should be very easy to implement.

Comment

Micha, sorry i forgot this thread :P

Just uncheck the render channel and select only Material ID and Object ID.
                  From what i've used, they are totally noise-free (except for dielectric materials).

Originally posted by Micha
                  You are right Damien, the wish is quite old. I suppose so, if the SDK support it, than it should be very easy to implement.
                  Oh yes i remember i've asked for this with my first post in this forum (1 year ago), unfortunately i think they are missed in the last SDK too!

Comment

Working...
                  X