My first and simple wish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first and simple wish

I wish I could create several configs and just name them.

Something very similar to the option to save the vray configs but I wouldn't have to save them, they would all be included in the model file and I could change very fast between several configs.

I wish in Rhino we could also in the layers create a top config that memorized wich layers were on and off, this was I could have several configs with some layers on and some off and I could very fast change.

Does this sound good idea?
    regards
    Sergio

Re: My first and simple wish

I think thats pretty good. It might be a good way to contain camera settings as well, since it doesn't look like we'll be getting camera objects any time soon.
    Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Originally posted by Paraglobal
      I wish in Rhino we could also in the layers create a top config that memorized wich layers were on and off, this was I could have several configs with some layers on and some off and I could very fast change.
      Do you know the layerstate manager? It's a great help sometimes, but it don't save VfR states.

I think, a first step could be, that the VfR Options can be saved to preset and used with an UI like Rhinoman it used. Two kind of VfR Options states could be interesting:

- global states could be used by any Rhinofile, maybe saved in a special HD directory like it is done at the moment and the UI chooser show this setups.

- local states only used for the current Rhinofile.

If the first step is done, than Joe could try to conect the presets with the layerstate manager or the viewport names.
      www.simulacrum.de - visualization for designer and architects

Comment

Maybe i didn't understand correctelly your wish Micha but my wish for a way to have several configs at the top (with a roll down menu) would eliminate your proposal no??

Maybe i didn't understand correctelly.

I think that is better to have all options on the Vray current menu and then you can have and save several configs and have them there.

Damien?

Regards
        Sergio

Comment

My idea is, that the user could save setups within a Rhino file, for example "outside view", "inside view" and "detail". The user could use this presets in a roll down menu and jump from one to the next. And maybe Joe find a way to link the presets with the camera and/or layerstate manager.
          www.simulacrum.de - visualization for designer and architects

Comment

Sorry, I slightly miss understood the statement...I like the idea of saving the visopts and having those be much more easily accessable...but the layers and everything is much more a long the lines of a layer manager, which is what Micha was saying. The visopts should be able to be integrated, but I'm not sure about what we could do on the lines of a layer states manager. In that vein, we could put all of the presets within that piece of UI as well...maybe link it to the default folder or something.
            Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Working...
            X