Plugins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plugins

I just wish we could use those cool new plugins they are releasing at Rhino,

Curve piping and edge softener especially this last one.Could it be possible for Vray to work fully with the RDK. Please

Renee

Re: Plugins

The Rendertime edge softening is one of the best new features at Rhino - should be a must for a render engine. For now, can the softened mesh extracted?
    www.simulacrum.de - visualization for designer and architects

Comment

Re: Plugins

AFA the render edges thing, Vlado showed one at SIGGRAPH, but I'm not sure what the status of that was when he showed it, or what the status is now...I'll ask around though.

As far as the plugins and RDK, those are not finished products. Right now the only two engines that are "fully compliant" with RDK are Brazil and Fry; both of which are still not released products (Brazil is getting much closer and Fry is in RC stage). So what that means is that if something doesn't work, or crashes, or conflicts, they can say "its a Beta". We on the other hand are a released product, meaning that we have to make sure that we are as stable and compliant as possible. We have a responsibility to our customers who are paying for our product and expect that. To us that means not bringing in plugins when they do not have that constraint. This isn't saying that McNeel isn't doing their best to create the best software they can, but early on in that process there are always things that need to be worked out.

As RDK and any subsequent plugins do make their full releases, we will be much more open to bringing them in to V-Ray. You guys have made it well known that you want some of the features that RDK and the subsequent programs offer, so don't think that you haven't been heard.
      Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Working...
      X