Clear All

• HDRI preview?

http://news2.mcneel.com/scripts/dnew...m=294746&utag=
    www.simulacrum.de - visualization for designer and architects

Re: HDRI preview?

I think i've mentioned this 1 year ago... :-[

Comment

If you have the RDK installed then that should enable HDR preview within windows explorer. When selecting the image, you will have to change from Details to Thumbnails, but after that you should be good. Once in the texture editor you'll have to press the Update button. Is this not what you guys are asking about? BTW this screen shot was nothing you guys don't have on your end.

hmmm for some reason my image doesn't want to upload...I'll edit this later, but for the time being I'm not making this up
      Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

I'm talking about this:

Comment

Okay, I'll take a look...I figured I didn't have what you guys were asking about.

Comment

Okay, I think I found the place in the RDK SDK that exposes this feature, so I'll put it on the list for the developers to take a look at.

I took a quick look at the RDK scripting methods to see if there was a way to try and get to it another way, but it doesn't look like thats a possibility

Comment

Thanks Damien

...maybe it's time for you to start learning some serious programming language... :P ;D

Comment

Yes, a full time "Vray for Rhino only" developer would be a dream, like JDHill from Maxwell.
                www.simulacrum.de - visualization for designer and architects

Comment

Originally posted by ALTO
                  ...maybe it's time for you to start learning some serious programming language... :P ;D
                  I'm trying...I've been making the move to dotNet, but the move is slow. The problem at this point is that I don't really know the SDK well enough yet, and I really don't know how to navigate through it. At this point I feel like I'm snorkeling through mud (I can't see anything and swimming through it is tough). The other thing is that its actually hard to think of something that I could actually do, but wouldn't be able to just write a script for. I need a weird balance of not too hard, yet unattainable within my current skills.

The other side of the coin is that all the V-Ray stuff is in C++ and I'm just not ready for that yet.

Comment

Working...
                  X