Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wish: _visSaveVisopt

Hi,

today I tried to find a way to load a visopt file for one rendering only, but I don't found one. I thought, I could save the current options, load the new options, start a rendering and load the previous options again.
    Could be a _visSaveVisopt command be added please?

Regards,
    Micha
    www.simulacrum.de - visualization for designer and architects

Re: Wish: _visSaveVisopt

Yea, I'm not sure why that command wasn't added. Its exposed through V-Ray scripting, so I'll put together a quick script for you.
    Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Thanks Damien.

PS: I needed it for the mask rendering, but I found a better way for now. So, the command isn't needed today, but could be good for the future.
      www.simulacrum.de - visualization for designer and architects

Comment

it would be nice too, to have a line of text at the top of the v-ray options menu that tells you which .visopt file you have loaded is. Sometimes its easy to forget...

Comment

Visopt label + modification alert

The Visopt file label is a great idea! Since I sometimes make minor tweaks along the way, it would also be nice if a "flag" would alert me that I've made a change to the most recent visopt file that was loaded. That way, I could save (or 'save as') my settings for the future.

In this example, I've place the current visopt file name at the top of the dialog, along with the suggested flag "[modified]"

Comment

Yep, this is on the list. A number of user on the SU side have asked for this several times, and after trying to load up a few visopts a while back to check some settings I'm on for this one too.
            Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

great idea also instead [modified] try [m] shorter and better

Comment

Working...
              X