scene, scenes, and more scenes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scene, scenes, and more scenes

I am an industrial designer. I use Vray when I can afford the time, but I would use it more often if I had a bunch of scenes (or stages) to simply drop my files into and render them quickly. My problem is that I haven't used Vray enough to have the scenes already and my understanding of Vray is so vague, that I need to do a lot of of experimenting with settings, lights, etc. to get anything usable. The things I design usually range from the size of a mobile phone to a toaster. Lots of people must be rendering the same things. Consumer electronics, etc. The lighting and settings shouldn't vary much between projects. There should be a repository of scenes (or stages) for different types of projects. I think it's really great that Vray offers so many settings and tweaks for producing images, but in the end, my clients need images fast and cheap.

Re: scene, scenes, and more scenes

Have you taken a look at the V-Ray Express toolbars? There's a button in there to import a stage that's generic, but pretty useful. It would also be a good starting point for some other ones rather quickly as well, so I think you should take a look at that. Also, I think that in one of Micha's tutorials (possibly the starter kit) there's a studio set up.

If you already have one or two that you've done, then you might try reusing those as well and making small refinements as you go from project to project. Pretty much once you've found one that works that's all you need. It would be hard to imagine a bunch of different variations of different stages, as all you really need is a backdrop/groundplane and a few lights.
    Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Working...
    X