Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Other wish, 2 very simple, 1 very complex.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other wish, 2 very simple, 1 very complex.

Hi Damien and Vray Team,
    I thought about this new wish:

1) A new option to extract/open material directly from another Rhino File (like 3DMax does with libraries)

2) Negative rotation for HDRI images eg:-90 instead of 270

Lot more complex the next one: (and not really sure would be possible)
    3) Be able to overwrite part of the LC or the IR by Object.
    For example if in my scene I change just one object could be very useful to be able to add the new LC/IR map on to the old.

Thanks.
    Riccardo

Re: Other wish, 2 very simple, 1 very complex.

Originally posted by skysurfer
    1) A new option to extract/open material directly from another Rhino File
    Here I would add

1b) load setup from a rhino file
    www.simulacrum.de - visualization for designer and architects

Comment

Umm....1 and 1b seam like they would be possible. I would ask Micha to clarify what he means by setup...I assume you mean just the options, but would that include the lights and/or the materials within the file?

2 will most likely get worked out with better UI for HDR rotations, but if not negative numbers will be allowed.

3 is more complex and I'm not even sure if it would be possible. LC I would highly doubt. IR might have a better chance, but its still a slim one.
      Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Originally posted by dalomar
        Umm....1 and 1b seam like they would be possible. I would ask Micha to clarify what he means by setup...I assume you mean just the options, but would that include the lights and/or the materials within the file?
        Yes, I mean the VfR options. Some times I know, a setup was fine at a project in the past and I like to load it. It's most interesting for HDRI setups, other setups based on standard settings. Also it could be nice, if a physical sky is imported, that the connected suns are imported too.
        I think it could be good if two commands could be implemented, _visimportsetup and _visimportmat. The material import should allow to select materials from a list with the option to load all.

Comment

You have already said all.

-R-

Comment

That all sounds good except for reconnecting with a "new" sunlight. Each sunlight has its own unique identifier and thats what we use to identify which is which. Maybe if there was only one physical direct light in the sceen we could automatically convert it, but trying to grab a light of the same name may not wind up being better than reconnecting it yourself.

Comment

Some times the right sun options are set at the light, than it could be nice to get it imported. Also the sun angle is important for a specific look. So, from this view, it could be nice, if the connected sun could be direct imported.

Comment

So you want the actual light imported as well...that might be an option, but the other thing this brings to the table is importing ANY light. At that point, its almost better for you to open up the file and pick and choose what you want. When it comes to lights and geometry (like backdrops or something), copying and pasting is just as affective. I understand importing the visopts and vismats from a given file, but once that starts extending other aspects of a scene it becomes much more of a complex situation. If we have to ask 20 questions during the import process then it doesn't really streamline anything.

Comment

I mean, that directional lights could be imported, that are set at the environment sky options of the source file, because the lights could contain important settings and direction - this would be max. 4 sun lights, most it will be one sun. I tink, it's no problem if sun lights from the env sky options are loaded allways without extra request.

Comment

Working...
                  X