Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Add incremental to current map for IM cache?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add incremental to current map for IM cache?

Hi,

today I have seen, that the IM option "Add incremental to current map" works for the IM cache to, if the GI cache is use for a rendering before (it can be a quick little render window, only the IM cache must be loaded).
    I ask me, could it not be possible to open this option for using with cache files? Maybe an option could be added, that allow to choose between "current map" and "loaded map" with path.

Ciao,
    Micha
    www.simulacrum.de - visualization for designer and architects

Re: Add incremental to current map for IM cache?

So you want an "incremental add to loaded cache" mode, which would automatically clear the cache that is in memory, load the one from file, then proceed with adding IR samples to that saved cache...and at the next render do it all over again. Is that correct?
    Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Yes, sounds good. And if I would like to save the new samples to a cache file, than I could do it per the current options.

My initial problem was, that I saved an IM cache some days befor and opened the file some days later again. So, there was no current map and "add incremental to current map" has no base for adding samples.

Comment

Do you mean that the new map that is calculated is saved separately (ie would contain the old samples and the added ones) or that just the samples that are added to the saved map are saved in a separate file? The former is currently possible, but the latter is not. I'm not sure what it would take to support the latter, but I would imagine it would require some involvement of the Chaos Group.

Anyway, I can script this for now, including the newly calculated map being saved separately. Would I assume that you'd want this incremented some how some way? If so, exactly how would you like that done?
        Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

No, I don't need a new way to save the additional samples. Only I miss to load a cache file for adding samples during rendering.

Comment

Working...
          X