Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Match VISOPT

Hi,

what about match visopt as 4th button on Vray option editor?

Click image for larger version

Name:	match visopt.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	877268

What these features should do? Match the visopt from another scene in you hard drive?

Comment

sure!
      I think match visopt would be much shorter than saving somewhere visopt file and re-opening it

Comment

something else that would be really great is if the visopt file didn't save environment and camera settings. these may be very different from scene to scene, while many other things like image sampler and indirect illumination settings might be the same. the best would be if you could break out each panel in the visopt as its own settings file.
        emil mertzel
        vray4rhinoWiki

Lookinglass Architecture and Design

Comment

I find your interface proposition a bit too particular for regular vray usage, but yeah it gives deeper control

There are 15 tabs in vray options, a single global match properties would math all them at once... maybe that's a good start already and later additional match per tab can be added?

Comment

yeah i agree, it's too much. i just find visopts useless right now because they change everything. if you happen to be working with caustics, oh well, you get to redo those settings after you load a visopt to increase image sampler quality. i guess you have to figure out what you want to load presets for.
            emil mertzel
            vray4rhinoWiki

Lookinglass Architecture and Design

Comment

Maybe, when hitting the save button, a dialog box could pop-up with an array of check boxes asking which sections we want to save.

Comment

My idea was to pick a scene which corresponds the project type you work on.
                For instance if you need caustics: match visopt to file with best settings for caustics; you need interior: match the file where vray generated best interior renders for you!; .. same for exterior, studio, ETC
                That way the functionality behind the button is simple, effective yet within 1 click!
                I guess it's not only me here who uses vray because of ratio quality/speed

cheers

Comment

Hi,

Probably first we need to implement an option to be able to select only particular section/s when .visopt files are being loaded.
                  This will improve the work with presets and will bring more flexibility.

About the ability to import/merge settings directly from the scene file, we need to consider this with the developers.
                  Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
                  Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Could be nice if the visopt could be loaded from an other 3dm file too and during the load general a chooser list of wanted option (general, sampling, environemnt, ...) could be shown.
                    www.simulacrum.de - visualization for designer and architects

Comment

Working...
                    X