Make 2D that works with Vray Settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make 2D that works with Vray Settings

I think it'd be great to have a Vray Make2D that was the Make2D command from Rhino, but took into account certain settings from Vray, such as any camera distortion and worked with the aspect ratio set in the Vray settings. I know the aspect ratio can be worked around by creating a window the same aspect as our Vray settings, but a quick button that would accomplish all of these settings would be very powerful.

Have you tried the toon material? Make everything a toon white material, it works very similar to make2D. the only difference is you get shading, which you can get around by using an emissive material as the submaterial.
    emil mertzel
    vray4rhinoWiki

Lookinglass Architecture and Design

Comment

I like the toon material and the look of it, particularly with AO turned on, but the Make2D allows the vector output and control through Adobe Illustrator as well as the creation of hidden lines, which can't be done using the toon material. All in all, I agree it's a good look, but having a true Make2D would be more powerful.

Comment

So far I know Vray doesn't support a vector image output. I know it from sitexgraphics AIR, but it was not so good working like I expected. Maybe you try to render an emissive|toon image and let it run through a vectorizing software like vectormagic.
        www.simulacrum.de - visualization for designer and architects

Comment

Vray output only pixel image formats. With Vray toon feature you can render cartoonish images , but the output is still in pixel format.
          However - if you are using shadeless materials and vray toon you can easily trace the result in Illustrator.
          I guess high-resolution images will be traced more accurately especially for images with a lot of small details - so it might be a good idea to output higher resolution images.
          Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
          Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Perhaps my original post was a bit misleading. I am simply looking for a connection between the view settings in the V-Ray options and the existing make 2D command that already exists in rhino. It's not a huge issue, but it becomes slightly problematic when working on images that use the and of the distortion or shift features of the V-Ray camera.

Comment

We would forward your request to developers for consideration.
              Thnak you for your feedback.
              Best regards,
              Zdravko Keremidchiev
              Technical Support Representative

Comment

Working...
              X