Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reflections - Exit color option to environment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reflections - Exit color option to environment?

Hi,

could it be possible that rendered interreflections show the environment instead the exit color per additional option? So it could be more natural looking in some cases. My impression was that in the past there was an effect like this.

Ciao,
    Micha
    www.simulacrum.de - visualization for designer and architects

The request has been added into our system.
    Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
    Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Originally posted by Micha_cg View Post
      could it be possible that rendered interreflections show the environment instead the exit color per additional option? So it could be more natural looking in some cases. My impression was that in the past there was an effect like this.
      I think this was never true for reflections. Refractions are usually handled differently, so there is no need to change things there.

Can you show me a use case where it would be better to return the environment for reflections?

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

For example this steel bowl. I like to render with max bounce 1 to keep the render times low and a material refl env could help to bring some life to the reflections. At the moment I use the diffuse material layer to avoid a totaly black look.

Or for example glas objects with a lot of interreflections - per material env HDRI could be added a better looking exit color than per single color. For example the material exit color reflection env could be a gradient or a HDRI.
        Attached Files
        www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects

Comment

Working...
        X