Floating preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floating preview

In Rhino Material you can have a floating preview,that react to any changes you make to the material.I know this is also available in vray for max.Could there be a way that since in it is already available in Rhino,that vray for Rhino takes advantage of it ?

Please !

Renee

So there is already an automatic preview option inside the Vray material editor, and also of course the RT function, both will auto update changes to materials. Is that what you had in mind, or something else?
    emil mertzel
    vray4rhinoWiki

Lookinglass Architecture and Design

Comment

Yes I know that.What I mean is a detachable window that you can scale,and move around.And any change you make to a specific material you can see in realtime,not the full scene.

Just to see what I mean assign a rhino material on something,than click with the third mouse button,on the material panel at the very bottom you have an option for floating preview,click on it,and now make changes to that material.You can even if you click on that floating window,change for a sphere a cube a torus etc.The same thing is available in vray for max,or something similar.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	material-preview.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	269.0 KB
ID:	847853

Renee

Comment

Hi Renee,

I will send this feature request to the developers.
        Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thanks Tashko.

I know it is called vray for Rhino 1.5,and that it is not on par with Vray for max now,but looking at what was available in vray for Max 1.5,we are so far behind ,it would be a miracle if we ever get close.Even vray for maya or softimage are much more advanced.

Vray 1.6 is being developed now for sketchup,and looking on spot3d,I can see that loads of things are still missing,since both vray for Rhino and sketchup are supposed to be on the same level,it makes me real sad even with that release we will still be light years behind.

Just in the material section we are missing so much it is ridiculous.Something as basic as material blend is not yet available,not speaking of everything else.

Renee

Comment

so renee, how would you want this to work? Right now, if you pull up the floating preview for a material, you would only see the change if you edit the material, right? So you need some kind of material editor open as well. the vray materials editor already has a preview, so would it be enough to just have the options for different shapes/sizes inside the vray mat ed? or would you want the rhino properties window to be able to show the vray materials editor, the way it does for rhino materials? it seems to me that this last option would be the most useful.
            emil mertzel
            vray4rhinoWiki

Comment

Yes Emil,the last option is what I would like.I find that how Rhino handle this in the Rhino material editor is the best.You can even change the size of the preview in unit,this is nice if you want to see the effect you apply to a material at a comprehensible scale.

Comment

Yes, and it would be a great way to do a SIMPLIFIED materials editor too.
                emil mertzel
                vray4rhinoWiki

Comment

I don't think it is simpler than Vray,I just think it is more functional.

Comment

Working...
                  X