Can't add material to scene in Rhino

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't add material to scene in Rhino

I work with both Rhino and Sketchup, and I've created a material library to improve my workflow. I don't recall where I created most of the materials, but when I wanted to add a material to the scene in Rhino, aftert clicking "add to scene", nothing happened. But the same material in Sketchup was properly added. All the materilas in just one folder where having the same problem. After a while I guessed that maybe the reason was that the materials had been created in Sketchup and my Vray for Sketchup was 4.1 and the Rhino Vray was 4.0. I updated the Rhino Vray to 4.10.02 and I was able to add the materials into the scene, but now the materials created in Vray for Rhino 4.10.02 where not being added to Sketchup.

So I created a material in Sketchup, and it was added to to both Rhino and Sketchup properly, but the I changed the name of the material in Rhino saved it with a different name, and Sketchup stopped adding it to the scene.

VRay for Rhino 5 is 4.10.02 and Vray for SketchUp 2019 is 4.10.01.

I know they are techincally different versions, but I think the should be sharfed without problems, even between Vray 4.0 and 4.1.

This happens even if I save a deafult vray library material in the newer version and try to add it to an older one.

Hello,

This is a compatibility issue.
    Please note that V-Ray is not forward-compatible, this means that files saved with newer versions can not be opened with older versions. This applies to host platform files as well as external V-Ray assets(in this case materials).
    To overcome this, please download and install V-Ray for SketchUp update1.1(4.10.02) from the link below and confirm if this resolves the issue:
    https://download.chaosgroup.com/?lic...184&product=47

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
    X