Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Export Proxy" window not responding

Hi,

When I try to create proxies from larger skp objects like trees or cars the "export proxy" window comes up but immediately says "not responding".
    No matter how long I wait nothing happens. I had this issue on windows 7 with previous versions of Vray and hoped that it would be solved when I upgraded to Win 10.

I have now upgraded to win10 and the latest version of Vray but the problem persists. When I create proxies from smaller files - no problem.

My Specs:

Windows 10
    Vray ver. 4.10.03
    Sketchup 2020 pro
    i7-2600 @ 3.4GHz
    32GB Ram

I hope there is a solution to this - it is really frustrating.

Regards
    Jaco.

Hi,

Are you able to export proxies with smaller objects?
    Additionally, could you please share a model where the issue is reproducible so we can investigate it in detail?
    If that is alright with you, please use the Pack Project tool(Extensions > V-Ray > Pack Project) to make an archived copy of the project and send it to us via email or file-sharing service of your choice.

Comment

Hi Slavcho,

Thank you for the reply. Yes, I am able to export proxies with smaller objects.
      I will upload a file I am having trouble with shortly via WeTransfer.

Regards.
      Jaco

Comment

Hello,

Indeed there is an issue with the model that you provided.
        As a workaround could you please export the model as a .vrscene file(please see attached image) and then import this file through the proxy importer, while we continue to investigate the issue?

Click image for larger version

Name:	VRScene_Export.jpg
Views:	412
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	1061306

Comment

Thank you Slavcho - I will give it a try.

Comment

Hello,

This issue has been resolved in V-Ray for SketchUp, update 2.
            You are welcome to download and test this build from the following link:
            https://download.chaosgroup.com/?lic...201&product=47

Comment

Thank you Slavcho.
              I am downloading the update now and will test it.

Comment

Hi Slavcho,

I have installed the latest update and now the proxy export works fine without any error messages.
                Now my problem is that no multi material is created for the proxy to save as a .vrmat file to apply to the proxy when importing it later.
                In the release notes I read "
                A set of material slots is automatically generated as part of every Proxy Mesh asset. Use the slots to assign materials to the Proxy without having to rely on a Multi Material"
                Could you please explain to me the new method of re-assigning materials to proxies - the help files are very unclear about this.

Also when importing proxies generated with the older version it is coloured in the default sketchup colour and there is no way to reassign materials by using the .vrmat file saved when originally creating the proxy.

Comment

fendervox

Hi,

Kindly note that the Multi Material workflow has been deprecated and the materials assigned to the proxy's faces is controlled from the Geometries tab. If you expand the right-side panel of the V-Ray Asset Editor and select the proxy, you will see the Materials rollout.

The workflow is demonstrated in the release video: https://youtu.be/ohxJb2qmSDc?t=83
                  For more detailed information, please visit https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...Mesh-Materials

Comment

Hi fendervox,

What Georgi said is exactly right.
                    The new material management workflow for proxies is much more powerful and clean.
                    Note that the old workflow (using multi materials) is still supported.
                    Old scenes are loaded with the Materials toggle of the Proxy Mesh disabled which tells V-Ray to use the material assigned to the component.

Regards,
                    Konstantin

Comment

Working...
                    X