Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please help: My (Primary) 2080Ti card not showing up in list of available GPUs for render in Vray for Sketchup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help: My (Primary) 2080Ti card not showing up in list of available GPUs for render in Vray for Sketchup

Click image for larger version

Name:	tempsnip.png
Views:	2127
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	1060551

Name:	tempsnip2.jpg
Views:	1240
Size:	421.2 KB
ID:	1060552

Hi Friends

I have recently configured a rig comprising of two Nvidia GPUs, (One RTX 2080 Ti set up as primary and One GTX 1050Ti set up as secondary graphics card in windows 10 pro); with i9-9900K CPU (OC'd to 5Ghz) and 64GB DDR4-3600 Ram.
    I am on the (most recent) Vray Sketchup v 4.10.03 released on Jan 29th 2020.

Everything is working fine except that I cannot get Vray to detect the main (and most important) GPU - the Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti (Please see the attached screenshot); hence I cannot use the main GPU to render.

I have already downloaded and installed the latest graphics drivers for BOTH the cards from the Nvidia website and tested the same on PerformanceMark as well as AIDA64 extreme testing SWs; they are being detected fine and have tested fine.

Moreover, I have also downloaded and installed Nvidia Control Panel, and have configured NCP to allow Vrayneui.exe to use BOTH the GPUs (Please see the attached second screenshot).

Despite the above, Vray is unable to detect and assign the RTX 2080Ti for renders.

Can someone please help? Many Thanks !

Ar. Nitin Sharma
    3DA

Hello Macho3001

Please enter SketchUp > Extensions > V-Ray > Tools > GPU Device Selection and let us know if the RTX 2080 Ti appears there. I have attached a screenshot of the tool for reference. It would be very helpful if you can also attach a screenshot showing the tool, so we can see what is being displayed.
    Additionally, for the purpose of testing if the RTX is being picked up by V-Ray, please try our V-Ray Benchmark tool here: https://www.chaosgroup.com/vray/benchmark
    Not only will it tell us if V-Ray is able to find the GPU and utilize it, but it will potentially show a warning or an error message if anything is going wrong.

Attached Files
    Zahari Ivanov | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Dear Zahari

Thanks for your revert. As instructed by you, please find attached the results from the GPU Device selection tool (Screenshot 1). The RTX 2080 Ti is not detected here.

However, it is detected in the Vray benchmark results (please see the attached screenshots #2 & #3).

I hope this helps !

Do kindly suggest what I should do in order to be able to use the 2080 Ti..

By the way, I remember setting in the NVidia Control panel, some programs in the Vray folder to use the 1050Ti only. Did I (by mistake) / inadvertently assign 1050Ti to some important sub-program in the Vray folder (apart from the vrayneui.exe)? Do please advise...

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	944
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	1060660Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.JPG
Views:	839
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	1060661Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture3.JPG
Views:	880
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	1060662 ​​​​​​​
      Thanks.

Nitin
      (Macho3001)

Comment

Dear Zahiri

How could I contact Vray support personnel? I have a registered License.

Thanks.

Nitin

Comment

You can write us at support@chaosgroup.com or log a ticket via the web site here - https://www.chaosgroup.com/support/contact

Regarding the cards - can you try to use Global Settings from NVidia panel without assigning specific cards to V-Ray processes and see if the RTX is recognised that way?
          Ivan Slavchev

SysOps

Chaos Group

Comment

Working...
          X