• Show
Clear All

• Only 2 nodes rendering

We have the following licenses on our server:

1x V-RAY FOR SKETCHUP 3.0
    6x V-RAY RENDER NODE 3.0

1x V-RAY NEXT FOR SKETCHUP
    6x V-RAY NEXT RENDER NODE

We were having issues with only 1 render node showing so I removed Swarm from all computers.

I then re-installed the latest version of V-Ray to 4 Windows machines and 1 Mac, including re-installing Swarm to the 4 Windows computers.

I also updated the license server to the latest version.

The 4 render nodes now correctly list, however when rendering only two nodes at a time.

If mid render I disable one node, of of the other nodes then starts rendering, and if I disable another node the other starts too. Thereby confirming all 4 are connecting properly, but for some reason we can only get 2 running at a time.

There is no consistency or pattern to which 2 nodes are utilised first either. The same behaviour happens whether running from the WIndows or Mac computers.

All 4 Windows computers are identical in hardware specification.

Any thoughts what may be causing this behaviour?

This was seemingly being limited by the available resources slider being set at 50%. We had always understood this controlled the resources on the nodes being used, rather than number of nodes. Seems an odd/duplication of "control" the way it is configured as the nodes can be controlled by tags already.

Comment

Originally posted by mmck View Post
      This was seemingly being limited by the available resources slider being set at 50%. We had always understood this controlled the resources on the nodes being used, rather than number of nodes. Seems an odd/duplication of "control" the way it is configured as the nodes can be controlled by tags already.
      That's rather 2 different approaches - you can submit to all machines and use the slider to adjust the percentage of machines to be used or you can set the slider to 100% and use tags to add / remove machines.
      Ivan Slavchev

SysOps

Chaos Group

Comment

Working...
      X