Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tri-planar texture slot doesn't match position and size when duplicated to another texture slot (With GPU engine)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tri-planar texture slot doesn't match position and size when duplicated to another texture slot (With GPU engine)

Hi! When I apply in GPU mode tri-planar map, for example, to bump map texture slot and want to paste it as an instance or as a copy to another texture slot let it be as an example a reflection glossiness slot the texture looses its position, size and looks different. When do the same with CPU engine everything is fine. Look at my .skp file attached.
    Attached Files

Hi summerson1990,

The actual issue here is caused by the Bump slot in particular.
    It seems that the GPU engine disregards Bump Texture Placement all together when the texture goes through the Tri-planar map.
    I'll report this as a V-Ray Core issue.
    Thanks for pointing it out!

There is sort of a workaround which is far from ideal but might help you:
    - Make sure that material scale in SU is 1 inch (or no texture assigned as in your case)
    - Make sure that the Bitmap Texture placement parameters are set to their defaults (repeat=1, rotate=0, etc.)
    - Use only the Tri-planar parameters to set the placement you like

Here's an example:
    triplanar (fixed).zip

Hope that helps,
    Konstantin

Comment

Originally posted by konstantin_chaos View Post
      Hi summerson1990,

The actual issue here is caused by the Bump slot in particular.
      It seems that the GPU engine disregards Bump Texture Placement all together when the texture goes through the Tri-planar map.
      I'll report this as a V-Ray Core issue.
      Thanks for pointing it out!

There is sort of a workaround which is far from ideal but might help you:
      - Make sure that material scale in SU is 1 inch (or no texture assigned as in your case)
      - Make sure that the Bitmap Texture placement parameters are set to their defaults (repeat=1, rotate=0, etc.)
      - Use only the Tri-planar parameters to set the placement you like

Here's an example:
      [ATTACH]n1068281[/ATTACH]

Hope that helps,
      Konstantin
      thanks. by the way could you please look at my previous topic here? https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/...rendered-image I've posted it almost a week ago but didn't get any reply. Maybe you could get a workaround for this question. Thanks!

Comment

I answered but the workflow might be more complicated than you've imagined.
        It can be automated with some PS scripting though...

Comment

Originally posted by konstantin_chaos View Post
          I answered but the workflow might be more complicated than you've imagined.
          It can be automated with some PS scripting though...
          thanks again, I'll try to do it)

Comment

Working...
          X