Exporting proxy mesh causing problems with texture scaling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exporting proxy mesh causing problems with texture scaling

Hi! When I try to export my model as proxy mesh it causes textures to be scaled too much while exporting it as proxy scene works fine. See the screenshots attached.

Hi,

Can you share the material used (as vrmat)?
    There are a couple of things that we're doing on Proxy Mesh export that might be causing this.
    I was under the impression we have everything covered but there might still be a case we've missed.

Regards,
    Konstantin

Comment

Originally posted by konstantin_chaos View Post
      Hi,

Can you share the material used (as vrmat)?
      There are a couple of things that we're doing on Proxy Mesh export that might be causing this.
      I was under the impression we have everything covered but there might still be a case we've missed.

Regards,
      Konstantin
      sure, I've sent it as I private message to you.

Comment

I did run some tests using your materials but couldn't reproduce the issue.
        If you can, please share a single peace from your model for me to test with (the whole thing also works)?
        And I'd also appreciate it if you can test the peace in advance and make sure that the issue is reproducible after the modification.

Comment

Originally posted by konstantin_chaos View Post
          I did run some tests using your materials but couldn't reproduce the issue.
          If you can, please share a single peace from your model for me to test with (the whole thing also works)?
          And I'd also appreciate it if you can test the peace in advance and make sure that the issue is reproducible after the modification.
          I've prepared for you a new .skp file with only one part of the model in order you could test by your side if you get the same problem. I've sent it to you as a private message. Thanks!

Comment

OK, I found the cause for the discrepancy:
            You have used a 3D Object Space texture placement for the 'plastic-grainy-gray' material bump map.
            Object space means that the size (and the other transformations) of the 3D map are relative to the object transformation the material is applied to.
            And since the sub-group containing the plastic peace is scaled down significantly, the bump texture is also scaled down.
            Once the object gets exported as a Proxy all the object transformations are baked (reset) and the 3D texture is now scaled differently.

In order to have consistent results you should do one of two things:
            1. Change the texture placement to 3D (World Space)
            or
            2. Remove / bake object scaling.
            To do it just explode the headset subgroup:
            Click image for larger version

Name:	group01.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	1070087

I would personally go with Option 2 to avoid any model modifications.

Hope that helps,

Konstantin
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X