Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Issues with interior rendering (lighting)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues with interior rendering (lighting)

Hi there..

I'm pretty new in sketchup/vray.. I have a problem with my lighting. The Background seems really burned out. And a.e. the corner on the right, there is this little beam of light there.. seems unrealistic and wrong... would be great if someone give me some tips or do any changes directly on the scene file..

And there are proxy trees in the background and buildings.. but cant see them on this view...

would be very great if someone could check my scene and settings...
    Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily. Never email yourself a file again!

Hello OD53

I was able to inspect the scene and I have a few suggestions to resolve the burned out background. Please try the following settings and after that you can adjust them to your liking. They are simply a suggestion to resolve the background being burned out and you can start customizing them after:

- Disable the Auto Exposure and Auto White Balance
    - Set the Exposure Value (EV) to 13.5
    - Delete the current Dome Light and create a new one. Enter the new Dome Light's Color/Texture HDR map and set the Rotate H parameter for example to 66 (you can further adjust it to your liking after). You can also reduce the Intensity of the Dome Light to something below 1 if you prefer so (I tried with 0.7)
    - In the V-Ray Frame Buffer (render window) disable the "Use exposure correction" button (a circular icon in the bottom toolbar) and then disable the adjustments in the "Corrections Control" (my advice would be to adjust them once you are happy with the overall look of the render).

Please let me know if those adjustments resolved the background issue. As for the light beam you mentioned, it's simply the light that the sun is casting, so you can simply adjust the position of the sun for example through the Default Tray's Shadows menu.
    Zahari Ivanov | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Wow thank you very much. Will try That!

but one Last thing with the son position- i only Know the default shadow option to change the sun Position - but i allready the dome light active- wont I get new issues with the lighting when I Activate dome light AND shadows?? Dont they interfere with each other?

Comment

I just tried. But you said I Should delete the dome and create a new dome with hdr texture. Didnt get it. you mean I have to create a new dome, cut everoinment, paste as instance in dome? But then I cant set the rotate h? Could you PLEASE explain me? And the sun? Deactivate it?

Comment

Working...
        X