Interactive render works fine but then the actual production render crashes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interactive render works fine but then the actual production render crashes

I have a Sketchup scene with V-Ray grass, plants spread using the Skatter plugin and a few Laubwerk trees and bushes. I'm attaching a screenshot.

The scene renders ok using the interactive render but when I switch to the production render the program crashes at what seems to be the light cache building phase. Sometimes it crashes right when that process starts, sometimes it just hangs at "Building Light Cache" forever with no progress. This happens also when I'm setting the overall quality to 'High'.

Here are my system specs:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6800K CPU @ 3.40GHz
    32,0 GB RAM
    Windows 10, newest Update
    3x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, newest NVIDIA drivers

I'm rendering with GPU using all 3 cards at once. The file itself isn't big either, it's about 18 MB.

Please help me find out what's causing this issue.

Hello SCOPE_Stuttgart

If this is happening with a specific scene, the most appropriate course of action would be for us to inspect and troubleshoot the scene in order to give you a tested solution.
    If this is alright with you, could you please provide us with your packed project file (Extensions > V-Ray > Pack Project) on our support email - support@chaosgroup.com? I expect that the file would be small enough to be attached to directly to the email, however you can also use a file-sharing service of your choice if you cannot directly attach it.
    Additionally, please provide us with the version of V-Ray you are currently using (Extensions > V-Ray > Help > About).
    Zahari Ivanov | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
    X