Model Rendering Black with VRay for Sketchup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model Rendering Black with VRay for Sketchup

Hello, I am new to sketchup and completing an model for my final year in school. I have rendered this model using vray, however after changing the UTC under shadows, to a different UTC, it now renders completely black. I changed it back to my UTC which is EST, and now it always renders black. I tried to geo-locate to my location, but it unfortunately renders black. I am not sure what I have done as that was the only change I made to the model in between renders. Any help you have, would be appreciated. I have included a link to the file below. Thank you.
    MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

Hi.

I did some tests on your model and, surprisely, changing UTC directly it works like you described, no sun lights when render. BUT when I tried to change geolocation from model settings, introducing longitude and latitude coordinates, it works as expected any coordinate I try. I'm not sure if it is an strange behaviour from SketchUp more than V-Ray issue (just activate shadows in SketchUp, change UTC and see what happens). I suggest that you try to delete your geolocation and change coordinates directly in model settings.

Hope it works for you.

Pablo Arias
    V-Ray Licensed Trainer
    Spain

Comment

Thanks for looking into it for me Pablo. I tried the longitude and latitude geolocation, however I still had the same issue with it rendering with no light. In the event anyone else has this problem, I eventually found a solution by copying the model and pasting it into a new file and it rendered fine. Just happy to have my assignment finished. Thanks again Pablo!!

Comment

Working...
      X