Proxy Custom preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proxy Custom preview

How can I save my grid instead of the one offered automatically so that it doesn't reset when I change the preview?

Detailed on video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VguerINudiY

Hello aleksey_dremin,

thank you for your question and for the provided video.

Compared to the other preview types, the custom preview could not be regenerated.

We have an improvement plan for it.
    For now I am not able to be more specific.

The proxy preview exists to help the viewport to operate smoothly.
    The geometry data is loading just once, no matter how many instances you have. In this sense, instance components in SketchUp are close to proxies.
    I believe you tested this before and you are aware of it.

If you need to keep the original preview of all instances and see the whole mesh, then maybe proxy isn't the right choice for you.

As a feedback, if you have specific ideas & wishes for the Custom preview, we will appreciate, if you share them with us.
    Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
    Tsvetomira
    Last edited by tsvetomira.girginova; 18-08-2020, 09:56 AM.
    Tsvetomira Girginova | chaos.com
    3D Support (AEC,HOU,C4D) Team Lead | contact us

Comment

Of course, I know the advantages of proxy, reducing the load on the viewport. This is the reason I use them.

I need my own preview grid to be preserved so that I can use the preview mode switch you're talking about. But I can't switch, for example, to boxes and then return my own grid, it resets to the default state.
      Ideally, I would like to leave both this grid and my own, so that I can even more flexibly unload the viewport, while leaving the silhouettes. But you can also rewrite the default grid. As far as I know, in 3D Max you can do this without questions.

See for yourself, it is easier to manipulate your own grid in all senses: move it with bindings, and, for example, arrange the lamps, because the materials are saved. And this is without compromising performance (you can make a much smaller polycount, while retaining all of the above advantages).
      Another huge plus: its own grid works perfectly in LayOut.

I hope you heard me.
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X