Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exception in CORE: Internal error. Please save and restart as soon as possible!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exception in CORE: Internal error. Please save and restart as soon as possible!

Background: I am trying to create a very large render for use in large-scale printing.
    I am getting the following error when trying to render at a very large resolution (70866px wide).

Exception in CORE: Internal error. Please save and restart as soon as possible!

It doesn't happen if I do it at half that resolution.
    What is the limitation here and what do I need to do to render at full resolution?

Thanks

Hello brandpartners,

in order to help you we need more information.

Please, provide us:

1. Full V-Ray version number or a screenshot of the About window (Extensions > V-Ray > Help > About)
    2. OS version
    3. Used render engine (CPU, CUDA, RTX)
    4. Does this issue occur with specific projects or any (even newly created ones)?
    5*. If the issue occurs only with a specific project, could you, please, share the project with us so we can investigate in detail?
    If you agree, please, use the Pack Project tool (Extensions > V-Ray > Pack Project) to make an archived copy of the project and send it to support@chaosgroup.com via email or file-sharing service of your choice.
    6. A full render log and VRayForSketchUp.log - highly recommended.

Thanks in advance.
    We're here to help.

Best regards,
    Tsvetomira
    Tsvetomira Girginova | chaos.com
    3D Support (AEC,HOU,C4D) Team Lead | contact us

Comment

Thanks,
      here is the info:

1. attached
      2. Windows 10 Pro Version 1903
      3. GPU
      4. Yes, with a specific one
      5*. Sent
      6. attached, log renamed to txt because not allowed to upload log file here

Thanks
      Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for the provided information, brandpartners.

Could you please double-check whether the link to your scene file has been attached?
        We are patiently awaiting for that scene to begin conducting the investigation.

Meanwhile, it's important to know also what graphics card are you using - is it one or two and what driver version is currently installed on your configuration.

Best regards,
        Tsvetomira

Comment

Thanks,
          have resent with attachment now.

Graphics Card: 1x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
          Driver:
          NVIDIA
          12/11/2019

Thank you

Comment

Hi,
            any progress with the inquiry?

Comment

Hello brandpartners,
              the scene is now successfully delivered to us.

Thank you for the quick response!

Investigation is in progress.

I'll keep you informed and let you now about the conclusion as soon as possible.
              Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,
              Tsvetomira

Comment

Hello brandpartners,

Thank you for your patience.

We reproduced this issue in our environment.

Thank you for pointing this out, we will clarify the reason.

We could proffer you this workaround - I will explain it step by step.
                1. Export a .vrscene from SketchUp with your original resolution 70866x35433
                2. Open V-Ray Standalone
                2.1. If you haven’t used it before, you can find it in C:\Program Files\Chaos Group\V-Ray\V-Ray for SketchUp\extension\vrayappsdk\bin

Here is virtually explained.

3. Split the image into parts using the crop command in V-Ray Standalone
                -crop=x0;y0;x1;y1- set the crop region to render.

The integer values are in pixels, relative to the upper-left corner and lower-right of the image.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Photoshop_2020-09-02_10-14-54_.jpg Views:	11 Size:	13.9 KB ID:	1082818

To stitch 2 separately rendered parts (if you have enough RAM), when you open V-Ray Standalone write:

vray.exe -rtengine=5 -scenefile=/path/to/exported/file.vrscene -crop=0;0;35433;35433

Press Enter and render Part 1.

vray.exe -rtengine=5 -scenefile=/path/to/exported/file.vrscene -crop=35433;0;70866;35433

Press Enter and render Part 2.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Photoshop_2020-09-02_10-18-34_.jpg Views:	10 Size:	18.2 KB ID:	1082819

If you don’t have enough RAM, you can split the image to more than two crop-regions. For example:

Click image for larger version  Name:	2020-09-02_10-37-38.jpg Views:	10 Size:	18.0 KB ID:	1082820

-rtengine=5 stands for GPU/CUDA rendering, because in your previous post you mentioned that you’re using GPU rendering engine.
                If you would like to use the CPU device for rendering omit “-rtengine=5” attribute from the command.

4. Combine the parts in Post-production

If you have further questions, don't hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,
                Tsvetomira
                Last edited by tsvetomira.girginova; 04-09-2020, 12:03 AM.

Comment

Hello again!

In our office we discussed the topic further and now I will present a better solution for rendering the scene at once.

1. Enable Save Image from the Render Output section in SketchUp
                  2. Add a File Path, File name and choose V-Ray Raw Image Files (*.vrimg) format
                  3. Export a .vrscene
                  4. Open it in text-editing software like Notepad and search for

img_rawFile=0;

img_rawFileVFB=1;

5. Change the values to

img_rawFile=1;

img_rawFileVFB=2;

6. Open V-Ray Standalone as I explained in my previous post and add the edited .vrscene as a sceneFile

vray.exe -rtengine=5 -scenefile=\path\to\exported\scene.vrscene

7. Press Enter to start the rendering.

The VFB will open in preview mode to save memory.
                  It won’t show the whole resolution and you cannot zoom as usual.
                  The image will be automatically saved, you don’t have to save it from the VFB.

8. Once completed you can open .vrimg in PDPlayer or use the V-Ray Image to EXR (vrimg2exr) converter to save the image to .exr file format.

Choose which solution (from this or from my previous post) is more suitable for your workflow.
                  If I haven't explained clear enough, share what makes you wonder.
                  I'm here to help.

Best regards,
                  Tsvetomira

Comment

Thank you for providing both workarounds.
                    Can I please ask to receive an answer to my initial question?

What is the limitation here and what do I need to do to render at full resolution?

Thanks

Comment

Hello, brandpartners.

The total number of pixels in V-Ray Frame Buffer is currently limited to 2 147 483 647 pixels.
                      Displaying images with more pixels is not recommended because it will occupy too much of RAM memory.
                      For such resolutions it's recommended to use VFB preview functionality as mentioned before.

For a square image this means 46340 х 46340 pixels.

In your case (you have Aspect Width/Height 2:1) within SketchUp with V-Ray you could render 65 500 x 32 750 pixels.

If you want to render 70 866 x 35 433 pixels - the initial resolution showed in the Render Output of the scene you sent us, use the second proposal from this forum thread via V-Ray Standalone.
                      You will get a VFB preview while you are rendering, but at the end you will have the whole image as big as you wanted at the start.

Best regards,
                      Tsvetomira

Comment

tsvetomira.girginova many thanks for this.
                        Your answer much appreciated, and I understand now where the issue lies.

Comment

You are welcome, brandpartners.

Think big and enjoy high-res V-Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by tsvetomira.girginova View Post
                            You are welcome, brandpartners.

Think big and enjoy high-res V-Ray.
                            Hi I am trying to render an image at 12150px X 14701px. is this too big for Vray? I also get the same "Exception in CORE: Internal error. Please save and restart as soon as possible!" error message.
                            I tried to render on both PC with i7 processor and my Macbook Pro. on mac the laptop the "force quit" box appears, sketchup hangs, and crashes. The file I am working on has quite a few of those Cosmo models such as vegetations, cars, and people. Wonder if that will be too complicated.

Thanks.

Comment

Dear aenc_randyc​, hello.

Excuse me for the delayed response!
                              This is not related to the pixel count, I now calculated the given data.

We should inspect the scene. Looks like it will need some optimizations.
                              Good advices could be found in this article - Memory Usage Optimizations for CPU rendering.

If possible, please share with us the project by using Extensions > V-Ray > Pack Project and share the additional information requested via our contact form (V-Ray version, SketchUp version, etc.).
                              Add the forum link to the description as well.

Waiting for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X