Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vray next for sketchup none of the lights work, only emissive materials.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray next for sketchup none of the lights work, only emissive materials.

Hello! I recently installed Vray next for sketchup and I am trying to test the lights but none of them work, I can only see the emissive materials. Anyone with the same problem? Please help I need renders ready in a couple of days! Thanks

Hi deborah_chami,

It may be that the light's intensity value is too low. Is it possible to attach some screenshots with the issue present, or attach a sample project reproducing this? Please also let us know the exact version of V-Ray for SketchUp you are using. You can find out from Extensions > V-Ray > Help > About.
    Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

nikoleta.garkova Hello, thanks for your reply. Please see attachment. I can only use rectangular light, none of the other work
      Attached Files

Comment

Can you make sure that the auto-EV option is enabled from the render settings? Please see attached screenshot. Alternatively, you can manually adjust the EV values depending on the overall lighting setup in the project, and then play with the intensity values of each light accordingly. When Spot Light is used, make sure to additionally adjust the Cone and Penumbra Angles and direct it towards a desired surface. You may also want to try and switch the Units from Default to Radiant power (W), for example. To read more about Spot Lights, please visit: https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/VNFS/Spot+Light

If you are still having issues, best would be to forward a sample scene (either attach it in this thread or send it via email to support@chaosgroup.com and mention this forum thread in the email)
        Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Working...
        X