Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• relinking .vrmesh in file path editor causing proxy to vanish

Hello All,
    I have been communicating with Vizpark on an error/issue I am having.
    Essentially, I am dragging proxies from the Vizpark download folder into my Skecthup scene. When I do this, I need to relink all the materials and meshes.
    For some of the proxies, I have no trouble, for others, when the mesh is relinked the geometry "vanishes".
    After they were able to reproduce the error, they said it had to do with the new V-RAY release and I should contact you for help.

Here is some background and some links to videos of the issue.
    I am on MacOS 10.15.7, Sketchup Pro 2020, V-Ray next 4.2 (not sure of this, it's the latest version of V Ray for sketchup)
    Please see these movies for examples of this issue:
    https://www.dropbox.com/t/hLXMgsb54uaTN5np
    https://www.dropbox.com/t/DWu9f9hfiEH9ykWX

Here is the reply from VizPark:
    "thanks for the videorecordings of the issue. This really helped and I was able to reproduce the same error here.
    Surprisingly the same issue happens on a PC (I thought it would be a Mac issue) with the new version of v-ray
    42003 on both Sketchup 2018 and 2020. With the previous version 4.1 it all worked fine, so to me this certainly
    looks like a v-ray issue which is new. I´d greatly appreciate if you could send this to v-ray support, so they know
    about the problem. I will to the same and hope that they will find a solution soon. I haven´t tested the new v-ray
    5 bets, so maybe that could be a solution. But for now it would also be important to fix this in v-ray 4.2, since this
    is probably a version that a lot of Sketchup users use too."

I hope you can help, anyone else having this experience?

Bryan

Looks like Vray 5 has fixed this issue

Comment

Hi bryan_sears

Can't seem to reproduce this here in our environment with 4.20.03, maybe it has been something proxy-specific. We'd appreciate if you could still send us the proxy in your example so we can test. You can forward it to support@chaosgroup.com, thanks.
      Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Hi Nikoleta I just sent an email and a link to set of the proxies from Vizpark. Thank you for any help you can give! Vray 5 has definitely fixed that issue (or at least I don't have the issue in 5 for some reason) but I have another problem with vray 5. It would be great to use 42003.

Comment

Thanks bryan_sears for providing the necessary files - we'll review them as well as your other forum thread and will get back to you!

Comment

bryan_sears

This issue appears to be related to specific proxies. We've logged it in our internal bug-tracking system (ID number: SK-3106) for further dev investigation. We're also in touch with VIZPARK and we'll let you know when there is any update on the matter.

Comment

Working...
            X