Precise positioning of VRSCENE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Precise positioning of VRSCENE

I am wondering if there is a way to precisely place Vrscenes (or proxies) via a reference point or something.

For context, I am trying to compose a large scene of a master plan that has quite a bit of detail. Sketchup is not super great at handling lots of complex models. I though I could have a master file that is mostly made of vrscenes of the different towers, neighbouring context, etc. so that way the file itself is kept a bit lighter without tons of geometry directly in it. But for example say I have one of the isolated towers in the design in a separate sketchup file that I export as a vrscene. How would the best way to import it into the overall master plan with a precise location work to position it exactly where it needs to be in the master plan.

Vrscene Assets like furniture or trees inherently have a bit of wiggle room in placement that is usually negligible but hoping there might be a workflow to get a bit more accuracy.

Thoughts?

Alternatively is there any difference in doing it with proxies? I like vrscenes as they are a bit more of a self contained packaged.

Hi bbergem

It should be fine when importing .vrscenes or V-Ray Proxies through File > Import, They should be loaded on the same position they've been exported from. Let me know if that works for you.
    Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Working...
    X