Batch render crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batch render crash

I'm rendering an animation, in order to actually be able to animate it i had to export frame by frame as SketchUp scenes, going through each scene the frames are correct. so next is Batch rendering it... which constantly crashes.

When? after clicking the batch render icon, it seems v-ray goes through every single scene and stores data of it (my guess entirely) and by the time it reaches scene 20~ it crashes
    Why? I assume its because its too much for SketchUp/V-ray/my computer? (RAM?). I assume its the method V-ray chooses to actually handle batches

What do I need? I need batch render to stop crashing, and if its because its going through every single frame before actually starting the render process... can I know why it does this? what can I do to make it stop crashing? is there a script so that it can manually go through one scene>Render>next scene>Render instead of jumping through all scenes before starting the render?
    What I'm doing right now I'm having to tick "include in animation" and render in batches of 20... this project contains 1560 Scenes(Frames) so I have to do this every 20 scenes, untick the last 20 I did, and tick the next 20.

Rendering is no problem, its only the batch render. its not specific to this project. (I've had to do this with 3 other projects at less scenes).
    I'm using a plugin to create these scenes, which again, if I'm able to render in batches of 20, its not the plugin's fault (its SketchUp's scenes anyways)
    the V-ray .log is empty (\AppData\Roaming\Chaos Group\V-Ray for SketchUp)
    I can play through the entire animation using SketchUp's animation tool without crashing

Appreciate any help!
    Last edited by mike_sher; 13-11-2020, 12:57 AM.

Hi mike_sher,

I did a quick test over here using 40 scenes in which the camera is the only thing that is different.
    The batch was rendered with no issues so I guess there is something else going on in your project.

First of all you, are right. The batch function goes through all the scenes, converts them to V-Ray scenes and then initiates rendering.
    This should not actually be an issue - it was done intentionally to avid bugs caused by the alternative approach (setting scene and then rendering).

So, can you tell me which version of SketchUp and V-Ray are you using?
    Also, when does it crash? Is it while it's going through the scenes or later when the rendering starts?
    You can also open the Ruby console before you click the Batch button to see if any errors get printed.

And if possible you can share an example scene for testing on our side.

Thank you in advance,
    Konstantin

Comment

Sketchup 2019 V-Ray 5.00.50
      Found the issue is when its creating the V-Ray scenes, the more that are created the more RAM is used up, even after moving onto the next scene (which I thought would've cleaned out after finishing that scene)
      After creating 84 vrscene's it hit my 64Gb cap and crashed

Why does RAM not get cleaned out after creating all the scenes, is there a way to just render the vrscene's separately after exporting them without using Chaos Cloud?

Just noticed you cant multi upload vrscenes to chaos cloud
      Last edited by mike_sher; 15-11-2020, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X