Having a problem with section cut fills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having a problem with section cut fills

Please see attached images. The first floor plan on the left is showing the section cut fill material correctly. I have the same settings for each section cut, but the other 2 floor plan's section fills are rendering badly. It almost looks like fighting normals/overlapped faces, but I've checked the meshes & groups. Also ran everything through Solid Inspector to make sure they are all solid groups with no reversed faces. I've included a shot of the light cache calculation....it looks like there is a serious problem there...

Anyone know what could be my problem here? Any help is much appreciated.....working on a deadline to get this out today before the holiday break....

(Windows 10 Pro, Sketchup Pro 2020)

V-Ray for SketchUp 5.00.02

Build: 169314 Hash: c345690e1 Date: Nov 19 2020

V-Ray NeUI Version: 4.0.1 Build: 169276 Hash: 2dcd06b73 Date: Nov 19 2020

V-Ray Core Version: 5.00.50

V-Ray AppSDK Version: 2.91.00
    Attached Files
    Last edited by GD3DESIGN; 25-11-2020, 07:29 AM.
    Core i7-8700K @ 5 GHz, Kraken X72, Asus - ROG MAXIMUS X CODE, Trident Z 64 GB @ 3000 MHz, 2x Samsung - 970 Evo, 2x EVGA - GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, Phanteks - Evolv X, SeaSonic - PRIME Ultra Titanium 1000 W, CyberPower - CP1500PFCLCD, 2x BenQ - PD3200Q, 2x Loctek D7L Monitor Arms, Corsair - K70 LUX RGB, 3Dconnexion SpaceMouse, Logitech - G602

Windows 10 Pro, Vray 5 for 3DS Max (latest), 3DS Max 2022 (latest), Vray 5 for Sketchup (latest), Sketchup Pro 2021 (latest)

I realized the problem is that the other 2 section cuts not filling at all, they are just cutting the geometry. I could tell before because I was rendering orthogonally.....once I moved the camera and rendered I could see all the cut geometry was rendering as hollow.

Still have not found a solution. I tried deleting the Sketchup section cuts and making one solid Vray MeshClipper object to clip all 3 buildings at once. I've tried this many times and Sketchup crashes once I initiate the render. Have tried CPU & GPU....nothing seems to work... (Seems to freeze while building Light Cache..at about 5-10%....)
    Last edited by GD3DESIGN; 25-11-2020, 09:46 AM.
    Core i7-8700K @ 5 GHz, Kraken X72, Asus - ROG MAXIMUS X CODE, Trident Z 64 GB @ 3000 MHz, 2x Samsung - 970 Evo, 2x EVGA - GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, Phanteks - Evolv X, SeaSonic - PRIME Ultra Titanium 1000 W, CyberPower - CP1500PFCLCD, 2x BenQ - PD3200Q, 2x Loctek D7L Monitor Arms, Corsair - K70 LUX RGB, 3Dconnexion SpaceMouse, Logitech - G602

Windows 10 Pro, Vray 5 for 3DS Max (latest), 3DS Max 2022 (latest), Vray 5 for Sketchup (latest), Sketchup Pro 2021 (latest)

Comment

Hi GD3DESIGN

Was this modeled in SketchUp?

Unfortunately it is really hard to pinpoint what might be causing this only by the screenshots.
      If it is alright, could you please send the project to support@chaosgroup.com for further investigation?

Comment

Thanks, Georgi. Yes, it was modeled in Sketchup. I will get it packed up and sent over.

It finally hit me to try disabling Light Cache....I did and the render worked. I have it rendering now with using Brute Force for both primary & secondary rays. So it seems there is definitely something conflicting with Light Cache.
        Last edited by GD3DESIGN; 25-11-2020, 10:06 AM.

Comment

I render almost 20 scene last week using sketchup section cut and it worked nice, with no problem.. If the geometry doesn't has thickness, it is a problem because it tries to fill the whole area.. If the section plane is right on the border of the geometry again it is a problem, it renders foggy, secton plane should be seperated at least 1 mm from cutted surface.. If "use object material" option is disabled and no material is "none", it renders blank, not filled..
          Last edited by kenancakir; 25-11-2020, 06:07 PM.

Comment

GD3DESIGN

Thank you for the file provided!

This could be a scenario that is simply not handled or a bug. With the three section planes grouped to each instance of the model and all being active, the higher level ones cannot use material correctly.
            For the time-being, I could only think of suggesting using region render and activating each one individually.

As soon as there is an update, I will post back here!

Comment

Working...
            X