Extra tex dirt issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extra tex dirt issue

Hi, i am using win 10 the latest build, sketchup 2019 and vray 5 hotfix 1.. I add vray dirt to the extra tex channel, add it to the composite and there is hidden lights dirt shadows, is it normal or an issue? I can add the extra tex channel in photoshop and delete that shadows of course..
    Attached Files

This is normal and something we can improve at the same time.
    In V-Ray there is an option to include or exclude objects from the dirt effect.
    Unfortunately there is no way to do that in V-Ray for SketchUp.

There are two things that we can do here:
    1. Add a way for objects and lights to be manually excluded and ignored by the dirt
    2. Exclude lights by default

I'll think about this a little more and get back to you.

Konstantin

Comment

Yeahh i agre with Kenancakir
      we need this improvement Konstantin because if You want to do and interior render that it's looking outside and if You have a Window You can't use the extra dirt textures on the textures outside but if we have this improvement we can use the dirt texture out side of the Window and Also sometimes dirt in fur can be awful it's look Bad, so if we can avoid the hair texture for the fur it would helpful for the users of vray, i already have the vray 5 and it's amazing but if You can improve the extra dirt texture it would be great for architects, thanks Konstantin

I think vray for 3d max already has this option and we need this too for vray for sketchup, vray 5 for sketchup it's now a powerful engine for designers and architects, cheers!!!

Comment

More than 1 year and nothing has changed, finally i found the treat when kenancakir asked about include, exclude lights nothing changed.

We need those controls too Konstantin and Peter Chauchev
        I hate to walk in the Road with vray and then stops with a wall... Because there is no more developing on this subject.

​​​​​​The extra text vray dirt as a render element... Is incomplete

Comment

Hi guys,

There is already a fix for the original issue described in this thread.

1) Option 1
          Instead of using an extra texture with a dirt map you can throw in an Ambient Occlusion render element.
          To disable the contribution of invisible lights just enable the Use Transparency option of the element.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	ambientOcclusion.JPG
Views:	174
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	1146071

2) Option 2
          The same parameter is available in the Dirt texture.
          Just enable it and invisible lights will be ignored.

As far as the Exclude options go: This feature is already on our roadmap and is something we should be able to implement as part of the next major update.

Regards,
          Konstantin

Comment

Thank you..

Comment

Thanks again Konstantin!!!

Comment

Working...
              X