V-Ray Vision Black Screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray Vision Black Screen

When I start V-Ray Vision, a black screen with the controls at the top pops up but I never get a rendered video feed. No "loading" text appears. There is a frame rate counter at the top showing between 20-30 FPS but it's just black and I'm getting no visuals. The "Live-Link" circles are NOT connected.

I've loaded the same model on a different computer with the same settings enabled and V-Ray vision loads and begins rendering properly. Any trick to getting this to work?

I have the same issue. Black Vision window on any project I currently work, but it works ok if I start a new one. I guess the reason is in complexity of a project.
    The other thing I've noticed is when I start Vision and get a black screen V-Ray starts interactive render in background. Open VFB window when you get a black Vision screen to check if you have the same V-Ray behaviour.

--
    using iMac with Sketchup 2020 and latest V-Ray 5 hotfix

Comment

Hi guys, thank you for letting us know. bflanaga, you mentioned that when loading the same model on a different computer, it appears to be working as expected. Would it be possible to share more information about your system configuration - OS version/CPU/GPU/GPU drivers info.
      photohomka, When V-Ray Vision is launched, it automatically loads the current SketchUp project and starts an interactive session. This means that while it is running, a live link is established that sends to the viewer all updates made to the SketchUp scene.

To read more about V-Ray Vision, please visit the following page: https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...P/V-Ray+Vision
      Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Originally posted by nikoleta.garkova View Post
        photohomka, When V-Ray Vision is launched, it automatically loads the current SketchUp project and starts an interactive session. This means that while it is running, a live link is established that sends to the viewer all updates made to the SketchUp scene.
        I see. But I mean that CPU rendering starts instead of Vision. Or you meant that when I'm launching Vision it runs together with interactive CPU rendering simultaneously?

Comment

nikoleta.garkova This is what I'm running.

Windows 10 Pro
          CPU: i9-10900k
          GPU: GTX 1660 Super
          GPU Driver: 27.21.14.6089 (Updated today, did not fix the problem - still getting black screen)
          Ram: 32GB DDR4

The other computer where I don't have issues has an i9-10900 (non-k version). That's the only difference.

Last edited by bflanaga; 18-12-2020, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Just installed Hotfix 2 and I'm still getting the same Issue. I also tried copying my model into a fresh Sketchup file and it made no difference.

Comment

bflanaga would it be possible to forward the V-Ray Vision log files for investigation? You can do so by writing through our online Contact Form - make sure to mention this thread in the email.
              Log files should be located at C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Chaos Group\V-Ray for SketchUp\vision vision.log.

Comment

I had the same issue. After exporting the V-Ray scene and reopening the V-Ray Vision window it loads normally.

Sketchup->Extensions->V-Ray->V-Ray Rendering->Export V-Ray Scene

Comment

Hi aroneisenhart

Thank you for sharing this information. Can you let me know if it is happening only with a particular scene, or you find yourself exporting every project to .vrscene so you can load it in V-Ray Vision?
                  Can you let me know which OS and OS version you are using?

Moreover, as mentioned above, please share the V-Ray Vision log files for investigation? You can do so by writing through our online Contact Form - make sure to mention this thread in the email.
                  Log files should be located at C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Chaos Group\V-Ray for SketchUp\vision vision.log. Thanks!

Comment

I'm experiencing a similar issue. Live Link is not working even though camera and sun are checked. All that appears is a black screen. I can load a vrscene and it works that way. I'm running Vray 5 for Sketchup on a Mac. Tried both 2020 and 2021 and get the same result. I thought it might be an Accessibility issue blocking the connection between Vision and Sketchup but that doesn't appear to be the case. Wondering if any other Mac users are having this same problem.

Comment

Working...
                    X