Not able to stop render

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not able to stop render

I quite often experience that I can't stop the V-Ray render.
    I press the Stop render button in the Asset Editor, but it does not change. I can still use Sketchup, but all keyboard shotcuts are gone.

If I restart Sketchup everything works again.

I use
    - windows 10 latest update
    - sketchup 2020
    - V-Ray 5.0 hotfix 2.0

Please let me know if more information is needed

Jorgensen

Is it possible to somehow stop or restart V-Ray via Task Manager? would be fine not needing to restart Sketchup all the time.

Comment

Hi Jorgensen_cg

Can you let me know when is this issue occurring (i.e., depending on the complexity of the project) and are you getting any warnings/error messages in the V-Ray Progress Window? Are you rendering on CPU or GPU?
      Would it be possible to forward us the log files so we can investigate further? You can do so via our online Contact Form - make sure to mention this thread in the email. Thanks!
      Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Hi Nikoleta

I use GPU and interactive render.

It a quite simple scene. I have modeled one aircraft, and made it a component, copied it 8 times.

I think the problem started to occure when I started using displacement.

I will try to collect information when it happens next time.
        Where do I find the log files?

Jorgensen
        Last edited by Jorgensen_cg; 21-12-2020, 03:16 AM.

Comment

Hi Jorgensen, thanks for the info - it'd be much appreciated if you could gather the info next time it happens.

Log files are located in the following places:
          • If you're using Windows, you can find them in the following locations: Users\***\AppData\Local\Temp (look for recent .dmp and .log files) and Users\***\AppData\Roaming\Chaos Group\V-Ray for SketchUp VRayForSketchUp.log
          • If you're using macOS, you can find them in /Users/***/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/ and Users/***/.ChaosGroup/V-Ray\ for\ SketchUp/VRayForSketchUp.log
          Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Working...
          X