Vray 5 More Glitchy Than Vray Next

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray 5 More Glitchy Than Vray Next

Has anyone noticed that Vray 5 for Sketchup is way more glitchy than Vray Next? I tried loading a previous file I had made with Vray Next, and I'm experiencing a lot of problems in Vray 5 that didn't happen with Vray Next.

It crashes a lot more often. I'm also finding that the frame buffer will sometimes load, and sometimes just freeze when I click on the button. I'm finding a lot of problems with proxies too - specifically grass and vegetation from Laubwerk and Skatter.

I love the new features in Vray 5 but can't justify switching over if it doesn't work. Will stay with Vray Next for now - hopefully these bugs get patched soon

Hello wes_tran

Let's go through each issue you're having step-by-step so we can try and find the proper solutions.
    1. Regarding the glitches - can you elaborate a bit more here? When loading a previous file, what were the exact issues you were experiencing - any screenshots/screen recordings would be greatly appreciated.

2. Regarding the crashes - again, more information and log/crash dump files would be help us narrow down the issue causing them. Were they happening on projects done with Next again, or was it something occurring even in newly-created/empty projects?

3. Regarding the Laubwerk/Skatter issues - with the release of V-Ray 5, we've introduced a new public API which other extension developers, such as the Laubwerk team, can use to ensure the compatibility of their products with V-Ray. The issues you were having should be gone by now, as recently they've announced support for V-Ray 5 officially.

Please also share details about your system configuration - OS/CPU/GPU/GPU driver versions.
    Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Working...
    X