V-Ray spotlights not working when render

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray spotlights not working when render

I cant get V-Ray spotlights to work. I have placed 2 spotlights in my bathroom scene but there are no light when I render and nothing happens when I change the intensity level. I can only see a very weak stream of light on the wall over the toilet from one of the spotlights.
    What am I doing wrong? Im using Sketchup for Mac.

Hi tom_stendahl,

They do appear to be working from the screenshots provided.

When Spot Light is used, make sure to additionally adjust the Cone and Penumbra Angles and direct it towards a desired object or a surface. You may also want to try and play a bit with the Units. Try switching from Default to Radiant power (W), for example, and play with the intensity values. To read more about Spot Lights, please visit: https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...HUP/Spot+Light
    Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Hi nikoleta.garkova
      No its not working if you look at the picture to the left which is rendered with V-Ray its too dark even though intensity is set on maximum. The light doesn't change if I decrease the intensity only a smal beam of light. The picture to the right is not rendered and its only a Sketchup picture.

It worked if I changed the light to Radiant power (W) but still I cant figure out why default settings wont work?

Thank you for the help!

Comment

Hi Tom,

I have found that spotlights tend not to work when the tip of the cone is hidden in the ceiling or touching the ceiling.
        When I lower the cones by 1mm for example, they suddenly work.
        Maybe you can check if this is the case for you too?

Sincere greetings,
        Sigrid

Comment

Working...
        X