Region Render not working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Region Render not working?

What am I doing wrong? I've rendered a large file (15hrs) and am now needing to change a couple of small details. I'm trying to use the Region Render tool which I presume was designed for this situation. I haven't changed anything in the model or viewport; the view and all V-Ray settings are identical to my main render. All I've done is change the diffuse colour of one of my materials to darken it. But the whole area within the region I've lassoed is rendering far brighter than the rest of the scene did. What do I need to do to fix this?

Thanks,
    Andy

Windows 10 (latest)
    Sketchup Pro 2019
    V-Ray FS 5.00.01 (Build 167049) Nov 8th 2020

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the provided details. Is the same happening when you render a region even without changing anything in the materials, etc.? Are you using Denoiser?
    Could you provide a screenshot with the result so we can have a look?

If this is happening only with a particular project, best would be to forward it to us for further investigation. Make sure to pack the project from Extensions > V-Ray > Pack Project. You can use our online Contact Form to get in touch with us - don't forget to mention this thread in the email. Thanks!
    Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Hi Nikoleta,

I have attached a screenshot. Yes - denoiser is being used. You can see within the region window that the temperature/tone is different. All I did was fire off the first render, let it complete then add the region marquee and re-render. I repeated the test without denoiser and got the same issue.

Thanks,
      Andy

Click image for larger version

Name:	RegionRenderNoise.jpg
Views:	1352
Size:	883.3 KB
ID:	1097070

Click image for larger version

Name:	RegionRender.jpg
Views:	1180
Size:	859.7 KB
ID:	1097069

Comment

Hi Andy,

Thank you for testing out and providing further details. Can you go to the Settings tab from the V-Ray Asset Editor and make sure that the White Balance option from the camera setting is not set to Auto? You can find the setting as per the attached image.

Click image for larger version  Name:	0C42DA3C-DD83-4F12-AB2D-AB895D6AE4BA.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	59.0 KB ID:	1097329

If that’s not the case, please do share a sample project through our contact form (mentioned in my earlier post) with the issue reproducible so we can investigate further. Thanks!
        Last edited by nikoleta.garkova; 30-12-2020, 02:32 AM.
        Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Working...
        X