Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Multiple Issue - Multiple Monitor Clipping, A/B/C/D VFB, Light Gen; Asset Editor Geometry Request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple Issue - Multiple Monitor Clipping, A/B/C/D VFB, Light Gen; Asset Editor Geometry Request

Hi,

I wanted to make you aware of various issues I am observing while working:
    1. Clipping of the Vray Asset Editor on a multiple monitor setup: Main: HD Ultrawide, Right: HD monitor, Left: 4k monitor. I had already reported this during the beta trial, but I am still getting clipping of the right side of the asset editor if I drag it to the 4k left monitor (again, this did not happen in previous vray versions).
    2. Once I engage the A/B/C/D vfb review tool, it is very hard to get it to go back to just A/B tools (without C/D), is there a way to code in an override for the various A/B tools in the drop down of this button.
    3. Light Gen: I was working with a 35x8= 280 variation light gen set up. I noticed that with with one of the generation options, when I would apply it and then change the Rotate H values, it would change the light and then if I would copy back in the original Rotate H value, it would not match the original light setup. I think it was actually changing it to the light gen option next in line (just to the right) within the grid of options. I tried multiple times to trouble-shoot but it kept doing it with this particular setup. I ended up going with a different light gen option, which was not having any issues. I wonder if this was the last sequential option of a particular hdri file and then when I modified the Rotate H, it somehow kicked it to the next sequential hdri file??? (Sorry I did not take very good notes on which option this was, I can send the light gen save file if you want it). On a side note, one nice option to integrate into the future would be to be able to subset your favorite selected light gen option from within the larger number of options generate. So instead of having to scroll back and forth from 280 or more options. You could subset 4 or 5 of those to easily toggle between. It would also be nice to be able to add specific user owned hdri's as well (I had previously mentioned in beta).
    4. As a follow-up, I still have a huge request to be able to auto generate, or manually load thumbnail previews of geometry and custom library geometry from within the Asset Editor. (also had mentioned in beta)
    Hope this helps with the ongoing list for the next updates. Thanks

A couple follow-up items for your information, to the original posted issues:

1. I am also getting fairly erratic resizing of the vfb when I hit render, I'm not sure if this is also due to my multiple monitor/ resolution set-up shown above. (again, I do not think it was this jumpy in previous vray versions).
    2. The only way I have found so far to reset the A/B/C/D back to A/B vfb tool, is to save the file, close it down and reopen the sketchup file.

Thank you

Comment

Hi adamebeck

Regarding the multi monitor setup, the issue stems from the primary / secondary setup and the scaling. Unfortunately, a solution has not been devised yet.

Originally posted by adamebeck View Post
      Once I engage the A/B/C/D vfb review tool, it is very hard to get it to go back to just A/B tools (without C/D), is there a way to code in an override for the various A/B tools in the drop down of this button.
      If you left-click-hold on the button, does the drop-down menu not appear? Could you provide a video demonstrating the behavior on your end?

Originally posted by adamebeck View Post
      I noticed that with with one of the generation options, when I would apply it and then change the Rotate H values, it would change the light and then if I would copy back in the original Rotate H value, it would not match the original light setup
      The issue here is actually the representation of the rotation in terms of clockwise or counter-clockwise. A positive value rotates the texture counter-clockwise whereas a negative value rotates it clockwise. If the initial value coming from Light Gen was 45deg and afterwards custom one does not produce the same result, simply put a negative sign so it becomes -45deg.

Regarding the VFB erratic resizing, does this occur constantly or only once when the render is started? Could you also provide a short video to demonstrate the behavior? In the meantime, could you update the GPU drivers to version 457.09 (if not already installed)

Comment

Hi Georgi,

Sorry as well for not getting back to you on this one, my schedule has been difficult. I will keep an eye out for these issues now that I am on update 1, and try to document them if they happen again.

-As far as the A/B/C/D, I think the drop downs were appearing, it was just unresponsive for the correct corresponding issues. It seemed like there were various ways it was incorrectly responding and I believe the fix was to shut down and restart the software.

-I will monitor the rotation of the dome/ hdri and see if that fixes the issue or understanding of what is happening with modifying the element.

- the VFB was happening when the rendering started only, I will monitor the behavior with update 1

Also, thank you as well for chaos implementing cosmos, that is huge to compete with some of the other packages. I am sure I am part of common response that we would like to be able to load our own assets. Or easily integrate a personal version of design connected's asset manager for personal assets.

Thank you again for all of your help with this!

Comment

Hi adamebeck,

Thank you for the follow up.
          If any of the issues you described re-surfaces, please let us know and we'll do our best to resolve it.

Also, thank you as well for chaos implementing cosmos, that is huge to compete with some of the other packages. I am sure I am part of common response that we would like to be able to load our own assets. Or easily integrate a personal version of design connected's asset manager for personal assets.
          It's great to hear that you're enjoying Cosmos - this was quite an important step for us.
          As for adding custom assets to the library - it is on our todo list.
          We basically have to expose the packaging toolset and wrap it in a user-friendly UI.
          In the meantime you can create a library of Proxy Mesh assets (and their corresponding materials) using the existing Library UI (the left-hand side panel of the Asset Editor).

Regards,
          Konstantin

Comment

Thank you Konstantin,

I will let you know on those issues.

That is also great to hear about the custom assets to the library as a future item. I am currently working with the existing Library UI method, it is just such a huge value added to be able to drag and drop from a visual tile preview system like you have created with cosmos. But I am truly overjoyed that you are working to keep vray top-in-class for rendering and directly compete with some of the ease of use options from other software ecosystems.

-One other issue from a different thread I am noticing is still there. I have 3 monitor setup (4k/ ultra wide (primary)/ 2k). When I open the V-Ray Asset Editor and drag to my 4k monitor, the right side gets clipped off.

A couple other items to keep in mind for the cosmos system (sorry if any of this is repeating myself from any previous threads)
            • animated proxies (I have not found a way to achieve this working only in Sketchup and Vray. I don't have the ability to purchase this content in 3dMax and then convert to proxies or meshes to transfer into SketchUp, and I have not found the ability to purchase premade animated vray proxies)
            • procedural multi-subobject terrain materials, to help expedite custom terrain "base" creation.
            • Monetization: I continue to upgrade perpetual vray software because I do not want to be tied to a subscription system if possible as smaller more independent professional creative. But if cosmos became as expansive as the Lumion library, I could justify an add-on subscription ideally of around $99/year expense to help monetize it for chaos. I wasn't expecting cosmos for free, I had actually hoped that the material library would be expanded with some VRscan materials for free. I could also consider some add-on subscription option of vrscans to be added for ideally $99/year. I know this is already $420/yr option or as part of the $699 collection. But I haven't found it necessary with my work flow as it would just be a convenience, so the $420 prices me out that decision.
            Thanks again for all your help,
            Adam

Comment

Working...
            X