X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HDRI image showing after render.

Sketchup 17
    vRay 5

I have two files, one where the HDRI image I chose for a dome light and copied to environment shows in the background in the frame buffer and another where it does not. I've checked every setting in both files for both the dome light and the environment and they are all the same. The only difference I can find in the one that shows the background after rendering is an arrow next to the HDRI bitmap setting in the light settings. Can someone please tell me what that arrow means. I cannot find any reference to it. Thanks

Click image for larger version

Name:	Image 31.jpg
Views:	634
Size:	245.6 KB
ID:	1099473

Name:	Image 32.jpg
Views:	554
Size:	105.8 KB
ID:	1099474

These are the environment settings for the file that is showing the HDRI which is the same as for the for the file that is not showing the HDRI in the background

Name:	Image 34.jpg
Views:	546
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	1099475

Name:	Image 33.jpg
Views:	587
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	1099476

I think I have this under control and believe I was seeing it because in the new frame buffer window I had added a Source Light Mix and as soon as I unchecked "Rest" I got a solid black background which will allow me to see and critique the image much better. The purpose of this was for a product shot with no background

Comment

Hello blueman26

Thank you for your question! I believe what happened here is that in the case where there is an arrow next to the TexBitmap, that texture is being attached to the texture slot in the V-Ray Asset Editor > Render Settings > Environment > Background texture slot.

Based on your reply, I assume that your goal is to have a black background (in order to clearly see only the product without any other details), but you want the lighting to have the properties of the HDRI but without the image. Is this correct?
      Let me know, please, as I would like to assist you. I'm certain that we can create an environment suitable for your needs and perhaps to help you with some insight on how to have more control over the final look of the render.

Best regards!
      Zahari Ivanov | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
      X